Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-10-2020, 19:23   #301

Re: Prices coming down?

^ Sorry..

But has anyone kept on eye on Outremer 49 prices over the years? Here I was thinking it might be a bargain since it was released back in 2010 with a base price of 500k euros. Had a look yesterday and two of them are going for 700K+ USD. There is an outlier in Grenada at 580k but still expensive.

Maybe Outremers are just having their moment right now. If those guys sell theirs for 780k im guessing they haven't lost much at all.
Yihang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2020, 20:00   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yihang View Post
^ Sorry..

But has anyone kept on eye on Outremer 49 prices over the years? Here I was thinking it might be a bargain since it was released back in 2010 with a base price of 500k euros. Had a look yesterday and two of them are going for 700K+ USD. There is an outlier in Grenada at 580k but still expensive.

Maybe Outremers are just having their moment right now. If those guys sell theirs for 780k im guessing they haven't lost much at all.
That's crazy....

I would be more than surprised if these inflated prices hold thru next year.

UNLESS the new owners wanna enjoy their yachts in situ.
Old 28-06-2021, 14:17   #303

Surprised yet?
Grimgrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 14:22   #304

Quote:
Outremer 49 .......released back in 2010 with a base price of 500k euros. Had a look yesterday and two of them are going for 700K+ USD. There is an outlier in Grenada at 580k but still expensive.
No boat goes out the door at 'Base Price', that is simply where you start choosing options. Some boats, the 'base price' is without an engine and you start choosing (And adding there). It doesn't matter whether you have your canvas installed at the factory, or by a third party after he delivery process, You're still paying for canvas.....and a generator (or solar package), electronics, etc., etc.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2021, 15:27   #305
Wanderer

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Used to be San Francisco Bay, now PNW, soon to be the Caribbean
Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS and soon Leopard 45

Since the beginning of this thread (and pandemic) we bought a new boat and sold our old boat. I can tell, from my experience in both occasions, prices have gone up, not down. I sold my older boat for more 20% than what I paid 8 years ago. It got two full price offers within the first three visits, in less than 3 hours. It had a fair bit of upgrades (but also needed a bottom job and the time for standing rigging replacement was coming up) so I didn't really make a profit (does anyone make a profit from boats? ). But, selling for more after 9 years of usage was not something I was expecting.

We had the same experience on the buying end though and paid almost the asking price, which wasn't necessarily low but we are very happy with what we got.
Tenedos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 02:46   #306

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Tenedos, what boat did you sell and what did you buy? This is a multihull forum but other boat sales are always interesting.
Old 29-06-2021, 13:36   #307

Boat: 46' to 48' cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenedos View Post
Since the beginning of this thread (and pandemic) we bought a new boat and sold our old boat. I can tell, from my experience in both occasions, prices have gone up, not down. I sold my older boat for more 20% than what I paid 8 years ago. It got two full price offers within the first three visits, in less than 3 hours. It had a fair bit of upgrades (but also needed a bottom job and the time for standing rigging replacement was coming up) so I didn't really make a profit (does anyone make a profit from boats? ). But, selling for more after 9 years of usage was not something I was expecting.

We had the same experience on the buying end though and paid almost the asking price, which wasn't necessarily low but we are very happy with what we got.
We have a new boat on order, delivery in '23. Will be selling our current, pretty conflicted about when to do it. Now, early next year or wait? IF prices go down I suspect it might not affect the higher quality builds or performance brands.
slowNlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2021, 19:54   #308

Boat: A55

Balance or Seawind?
Chrisatlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2021, 06:13   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisatlantic View Post
Balance or Seawind?
Balance
Old 30-06-2021, 06:29   #310

I've been looking for some time and I agree the used prices are dropping,,, slowly. There are probably a lot of reasons but I also think there is a good deal of pressure from some of the newer companies with new boats at a lower price point. Gotta love competition.
EngineerRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2021, 18:26   #311

Prices coming down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
No boat goes out the door at 'Base Price', that is simply where you start choosing options. Some boats, the 'base price' is without an engine and you start choosing (And adding there). It doesn't matter whether you have your canvas installed at the factory, or by a third party after he delivery process, You're still paying for canvas.....and a generator (or solar package), electronics, etc., etc.

True. But adding 40% to that is pretty generous.

Some boats just hold their value or the owners simply are not serious about selling. These tend to happen more with boutique brands?

Noticed 2014 neel 45s going for 450k usd which is high considering the new 43 is around the same. I would guess thats probably a 10% discount compared to the original price back in 2014.
Yihang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:14   #312

Quote:
True. But adding 40% to that is pretty generous.

Some boats just hold their value or the owners simply are not serious about selling. These tend to happen more with boutique brands?

Noticed 2014 neel 45s going for 450k usd which is high considering the new 43 is around the same. I would guess thats probably a 10% discount compared to the original price back in 2014.
Be surprised if we didn't see neel values drop dramatically now that LaVaga is putting Rapido's in the spotlight. Those things are wicked.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:03   #313

Boat: Seaward 22

I'm guessing it will take another year or two for prices to turn. I hope to start shopping in 4 to 5. So, timing may work in my favor for once.
ohdrinkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 13:25   #314

Boat: Corsair Cruze 970

It's nuts. Sold our boat (wake, not sail) for +14% more than we paid for it...12 years ago. A virtual line around the block, with the first person to show up gladly handing me a bag-o-cash. Of course, initially buying the boat during 2009 didn't hurt. Still, wow. Not just boats. Sold our truck camper recently for more than I paid and The Boy just sold his Kona mountain bike for the same price he paid for it new, five years ago. That said, I believe there will soon be a gut of toys on the market (boats, bikes, whatever) and it will become a buyer's market. However, interest rates??? Just be ready.
Old 06-09-2021, 18:40   #315

Grimgrak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
price