Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 15:46   #256
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris
Re: Ridiculous Seawind 1160 Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausaviator View Post
I was horribly mistaken.
Agreed
Old 01-04-2013, 17:52   #257
smj

Boat: TRT 1200
Quote:
Le Doume, just an FYI, it's the 1000 that's the weekender not the 1160. The 1000 has the gas powered outboards versus diesels. The 1160 is loosely an L380 competitior, so slightly more upmarket than the 1000.
Another clueless post. Maybe one of these days you'll enlighten us with your multihull experiance?
Old 01-04-2013, 18:02   #258
Marine Service Provider

Anyone would think that SMJ and Factor are the same user. Interesting. Always the same comments. Which part is the clueless part? Using outboards on a "circumnavigator" or the bit about it being a weekender?

I stand by that comment. It was actually in your favour as Le Doume referred to the 1160 as a weekender and I was simply correcting him / her.
Old 01-04-2013, 18:37   #259
smj

Quote:
Anyone would think that SMJ and Factor are the same user. Interesting. Always the same comments. Which part is the clueless part? Using outboards on a "circumnavigator" or the bit about it being a weekender?

I stand by that comment. It was actually in your favour as Le Doume referred to the 1160 as a weekender and I was simply correcting him / her.
Both are clueless. The fact is both Factor and I have been bitten by the Seawind bug. As far as my wife and I are concerned we have owned 8 cruising cats and put close to 40,000 miles on them. Out of the 8 cats we've owned the Seawind stands out as the best. I'm sure our cat ownership and mileage pales to compare to others but I feel the need to stand behind the Seawind name as they are outstanding boats in our opinion. I know Factor has more experiance than us and we feel to be in good company as he also chose a Seawind for his personal boat.
Old 01-04-2013, 18:49   #260
smj

Quote:

Another thought Ausaviator. We've lived aboard for the last 19 out of 21 years. The Seawind 1000 is a GREAT liveaboard boat if your on a mooring or at anchor. The ventilation is second to none, which is of major importance if your living aboard in the tropics. I wouldn't consider it a great liveaboard if you choose to be living full time at a marina,'working and in need of air conditioning. But definetly not a weekender.
Old 01-04-2013, 19:10   #261

Seriously SMJ, owning a Seawind, living aboard for 19 years... you don't really expect your views to have more credibility than those of someone who owns (and perhaps lives on) a.... er.... computer, do you?
Old 01-04-2013, 19:15   #262
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
Seriously SMJ, owning a Seawind, living aboard for 19 years... you don't really expect your views to have more credibility than those of someone who owns (and perhaps lives on) a.... er.... computer, do you?
You've got it all wrong! We've owned two Seawind 1000's and didn't realize until now what idiots we were! Damn the Internet!
Old 01-04-2013, 19:19   #263
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
You should just thank your lucky stars that you are still alive. Who do you think you are - living aboard and cruising on an outboard engined boat. Should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 01-04-2013, 19:29   #264
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
You should just thank your lucky stars that you are still alive. Who do you think you are - living aboard and cruising on an outboard engined boat. Should be ashamed of yourself.
My wife always told me I'm an idiot, but I never realized until I read this thread......!
Old 01-04-2013, 19:58   #265
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Take it easy there troops...the level of this thread seems to be in a downward spiral, although perhaps its "ridiculous" title foretold its inevitable demise. It seems everybody has a legitimate point in here somewhere, but they're well-and-truly lost now.

We hold Seawind (and, for that matter, Andrew/Factor) in high regard so we're certainly not in the chorus of those attacking either their build quality or their seaworthiness.

That said, there is also a legitimate point that other vesssels may be 'better' for circumnavigation...or for other uses for each individual owner. So we would happily put forward, for example, that our L440 is almost certainly better suited for circumnavigation than a Seawind 1000...and probably also better suited than the Seawind 1160...although how all that relates to the topic is a mystery to us!

We are not, however, in the chorus of those who blindly defend ANY vessel brand against all critical remarks...or, for that matter, attack any vessel as inherently inferior to another. We would not so defend our Lagoon and very clearly Andrew/Factor doesn't so defend Seawind. Every vessel has its own strengths and weaknesses...and it seems to us that everyone here needs to take a few deep breaths while putting that thought at the front of their minds!

Back to the thread now......we hope (for ourselves and the sake of every vessel owner!) that Seawind vessels acheive ridiculously high prices...soon and often!
Old 01-04-2013, 20:04   #266
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&D View Post
Take it easy there troops...the level of this thread seems to be in a downward spiral, although perhaps its "ridiculous" title foretold its inevitable demise. It seems everybody has a legitimate point in here somewhere, but they're well-and-truly lost now.

We hold Seawind (and, for that matter, Andrew/Factor) in high regard so we're certainly not in the chorus of those attacking either their build quality or their seaworthiness.

That said, there is also a legitimate point that other vesssels may be 'better' for circumnavigation. We would happily put forward, for example, that our L440 is almost certainly better suited for circumnavigation than a Seawind 1000...and probably also better suited than the Seawind 1160...although how all that relates to the topic is a mystery to us!

We are not, however, in the chorus of those who blindly defend ANY vessel brand against all critical remarks. We would not so defend our Lagoon and very clearly Andrew/Factor doesn't so defend Seawind. Every vessel has its own strengths and weaknesses...and it seems to us that everyone here needs to take a few deep breaths while putting that thought at the front of their minds!

Back to the thread now......we hope (for ourselves and the sake of every vessel owner!) that Seawind vessels acheive ridiculously high prices...soon and often!
No deep breaths needed D&D, I appreciate all boats for what they are. I realize that the Seawind 1000 doesn't appeal to all and I also realize its shortcomings. Hard to compare one boat to another as they're all different and appeal to different people.
Old 01-04-2013, 20:06   #267
Marine Service Provider

All fair comments. I certainly would agree that your 440 is way better for long distance voyaging. No question. What disappoints is the use of troll like, disparaging comments like "weekender". Its wrong and insulting. And fundamentally its probably intended to insult. So its no wonder that people hit back against trolling.

I certainly don't say Seawind is the only boat or the best boat for everyone, heck I even started a thread that listed the vary many boats that I like.

BTW - I really like your line of Nauti T Shirts - some good thought went into them.
Old 01-04-2013, 20:25   #268

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

From my recent charter experience with a Seawind 1000 and Lagoon 400 I found the simple systems on Seawind worked very well. Refrigeration worked very, very well (efficient).

Was not impressed with fridge/freezer electrical setup on the L400 and there were clearly was inadequate batteries on board. Charter company recommended running motors 4 hours day too keep power supply up and was necessary.
Old 01-04-2013, 23:22   #269
D&D
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: now skippering Syd Harbour charters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
I really like your line of Nauti T Shirts - some good thought went into them.
Thanks Andrew! They are fun and yes, they did involve a bit of effort, especially trying to combine original designs with quality materials and workmanship without resorting to 'Made in China', a struggle common to many others of course...

Stay tuned...we will release a 'special' for Forum Members very soon.

Oops...sorry for that thread drift...
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37   #270
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
All fair comments. I certainly would agree that your 440 is way better for long distance voyaging. No question. What disappoints is the use of troll like, disparaging comments like "weekender". Its wrong and insulting. And fundamentally its probably intended to insult. So its no wonder that people hit back against trolling.
I'm entitled to an opinion and I'm not the one that brought up "week ender" on page 17 of this thread so feel free to get your facts straight Mr Factor and not refer to other forum users as "being on drugs" or similar. I should post some of your Private Messages like the one that calls me a "weak prick" because I wouldn't tell you what kind of boat I own, then people would see your true colours.
Closed Thread

Tags
Seawind