Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 05:30   #271

Boat: Seawind 1000xl
Re: Ridiculous Seawind 1160 Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ausaviator View Post
I'm entitled to an opinion and I'm not the one that brought up "week ender" on page 17 of this thread so feel free to get your facts straight Mr Factor and not refer to other forum users as "being on drugs" or similar. I should post some of your Private Messages like the one that calls me a "weak prick" because I wouldn't tell you what kind of boat I own, then people would see your true colours.
Declining to tell what kind of boat you own is something that shows your true colors to lots of folks.

I bought SMJ's Seawind and one of the reasons is that while I really liked lots of things about Fboats I was concerned about how long I could realistically live on an Fboat; something that did not concern me about a Seawind.

I have been living on the boat since November and have to wonder why anyone would call it a weekender. I have been closely watching my water usage and feel confident with the 100 US gallons I can carry I could go for a month without needing to take on more water; probably longer.

Is the boat perfect, not by a long shot. As the owners of the Kitty Katt have said one of the problems they see with the boat, and I agree, is that if you have to lower the main in heavy weather it can be a tall order to go foreward to the mast base to raise the main until the weather calms down. This can be a real downside if it increases the wind speed at which you reduce sail.

The reason I mention these things is that unless one has a boat and has lived on the boat for a significant period of time their opinion about a boats capabilities are suspect. I have had several folks sailing with me and without exception they all like how responsive the Seawind is. They like the Seawind's ability to run down almost anything but an Fboat. They like how you can leave a drink on the salon table and it does not spill. The like the great visibility. They like the sun room effect in cold weather when the salon is closed off. They like the breeze in the salon when I open the front windows. They like the ease of getting on and off the boat using the sugar scoops or the front ladder between the nets, especially if you have a scuba tank on your back the front ladder is a big OK.

They do not like how you have to climb up a four mast steps to attach the main halyard to the square top and how you have to be careful to not catch the battens in the lazy jacks and the topping lift. But once the square top is up they love the speed.

Your failure to specify which boat you own, or even if you own a boat, and lack of details about the good and bad about your boat makes your comments suspect.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:07   #272

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.
Re: Ridiculous Seawind 1160 Prices

I think everything that can be said about Seawind prices has been said. This thread has degenerated into a bickering match and is therefore closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
Seawind