Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2018, 13:10   #1

Seawind 1260 Price List?

Does anyone have a price list they'd be willing to share?

I'm curious what the options are and what a realistic on-the-water price might be for the boat if I decide some options could wait for the aftermarket.

The starboard head is optional on the 1160 LITE for example. Is it the same on the 1260 or is that standard? I saw an 1160 LITE with a "laundry room" there instead and thought that might be worth considering.

Is there room for a 7kg washer/dryer elsewhere on board like the Splendide or maybe there's room to mount a Daewoo mini somewhere that wouldn't intrude on personal space (I don't think there's room in the owner's head).

Is the electric winch standard on the 1260 or optional? If done aftermarket does it require a cover like on the 1160 or is there enough room behind the existing paneling to hide the motor?

Even a price list without prices would be helpful. At least I'd have an idea what is/isn't an option on the boat.

I've avoided asking a broker for the same because at this point I'm just kicking tires and no where near ready to make a commitment. I have an idea what a well equipped boat costs, but no idea what a more minimal example might run. Somewhere north of $410,000 and probably less than $600,000. That's a pretty big spread to me though!
ssmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2018, 13:30   #2

Boat: 2019 Seawind 1160 Lite
Re: Seawind 1260 Price List?

Contact a dealer. He/she will send you an Excel spreadsheet with all of the options listed and prices. Plus send you the standard equipment list. There is much of the info you are asking about on the Seawind website: https://www.seawindcats.com/models/s...#brochure-view Also walk-thru videos, etc.

Finally, what country are you in? If in the US, the dealers each have sales areas.

We have an 1160 Lite build underway now. Supposed to finish in a few weeks, then ship to Miami. This is our second Seawind, but our first new-build. The factory was very easy to work with regarding options, and us doing some ourselves. Plus we optioned the 1260 BBQ pit that is a Southern Stainless grill, and catbird seats - neither of which is on the Lite option list. They are putting in thru-hull for watermaker, and I'm installing a Spectra unit myself.

My guess on the electric winch is that it would require the molded motor cover. There is not that much dead space in the ceiling. I don't think.
sailjumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 10:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailjumanji View Post
Contact a dealer.
I have, but no luck yet. I can't think of any other major purchase where I'd go into it not knowing the final price within a few points to cover transaction fees or something. Especially if we're talking about a $200,000 spread. That's more than a lot of people's entire boat!

Everyone at Annapolis was very friendly though and I asked a ton of stupid questions I'm sure they'd heard a hundred times already. Really great people.

If you're looking at a Fountaine Pajot, Leopard, Lagoon or even Seawind 1160 LITE, it's pretty easy to dig this information up online. But I haven't had any luck on the 1250/1260.

Quote:
Finally, what country are you in? If in the US, the dealers each have sales areas.
The US. We have family in SoCal and we get out there once in awhile. I'll try Denison. They seemed pretty transparent with pricing/options when touring the Bali stand.

Quote:
The factory was very easy to work with regarding options, and us doing some ourselves. Plus we optioned the 1260 BBQ pit that is a Southern Stainless grill, and catbird seats - neither of which is on the Lite option list. They are putting in thru-hull for watermaker, and I'm installing a Spectra unit myself.
That's great to hear. From watching the Pali Pali videos, and some older factory tour videos, yeah, Seawind seems very accommodating of minor customizations and personalization.

As far as walk-through videos, I've seen very little on YouTube for the 1260, and I really should've filmed/taken more pictures while we were in Annapolis. Totally my fault. I thought I came better prepared, but I guess you don't know what you don't know. I'll do better next time.

Seeing a walk-through that detailed every system, every cabinet, captions for cabinet depths, etc would sure be nice though if manufacturers are listening. Without going out on a sailing demo or charter I can't think of another way to get that sort of information for most boats since digging around in someone's home at a show is obviously pretty rude and understandably discouraged. The charity of owners to put this sort of stuff online is really appreciated. It's just a little difficult to come by for smaller builders and low production number models like the 1260.
Old 28-10-2018, 15:57   #4

Contact Kurt Jerman. I have known him for many years, primarily when we were Corsair owners. He is the dealer for Seawind. You would have met him at Annapolis, if you told them you were from California. Here is his contact info: Home page - Page bio template

Kurt also made the 1260 walkthrough video that is posted on youtube. I was at the Miami boat show earlier this year when he did it.

Ok, so no one is going to expect you to buy a boat and not know the price. Let's not be silly. They will send you a price list, arrange for you to see a boat if your haven't, talk to you about delivery schedule, etc. We opted for a deposit on a build slot long before we have really worked the options list. Went to Miami boat show to view the boat, test sail, then finalize the build list. We made a couple of changes even after that. You will have a contract with payment dates that match progress. The only bit of uncertainty is the shipping cost from Vietnam, but your dealer will have an idea/estimate. They will work the shipping companies when it gets closer to transport date.

Oh, and we went to Miami show, had a side trip to see an 1190 that had just been delivered, went to Vietnam to see the boat being built, then Annapolis, and there are still things that I forgot to take pics of! We get a set of pics about monthly, showing progress on the boat. We are about 2-3 weeks away from completion. Right now it looks like total schedule slippage might be 1-2 weeks from what was estimated back in February.
Old 28-10-2018, 16:03   #5

Go to youtube and do a search for Seawind 1260. You will get a lot of videos, including the full features walkthrough that Kurt produced earlier this year, plus some informational ones from Moreton they made for charterers.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...y=seawind+1260
Old 29-10-2018, 08:40   #6

Boat: Beneteau 343

Following
EmeraldCoastSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 10:37   #7

Quote:
Ok, so no one is going to expect you to buy a boat and not know the price. Let's not be silly.
I've made this more confusing than I meant to.

We want to charter the boats on our short-list before buying, and I don't want to spend money on boats that we're not seriously considering buying.

We both loved the 1260, but the "well equipped" prices I've seen are 30% to almost 50% over the base price. We're in pretty good shape, but we're not in such good shape that $100,000 more than our second pick boat is nothing to us so the actual optioned price is important to know before we book one for charter.

I appreciate all the advice though. We actually chartered from Kurt a few months ago and had planned on going back next June for our bareboat instruction.

His video is the best so far, but just try finding a video or virtual tour that opens the cabinet under the owner's bed and lets you see wether it's 6" or 6' deep.
Old 07-01-2020, 21:06   #8
Wanderer

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Used to be San Francisco Bay, now PNW, soon to be the Caribbean
Boat: Jeanneau 43 DS and soon Leopard 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmoot View Post
Does anyone have a price list they'd be willing to share?

I'm curious what the options are and what a realistic on-the-water price might be for the boat if I decide some options could wait for the aftermarket.
Could you ever figure this out? I found the thread while Googling the same question so if you found anything you can share, it will be highly appreciated. A PM will also do.
Tenedos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:45   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenedos View Post
Could you ever figure this out? I found the thread while Googling the same question so if you found anything you can share, it will be highly appreciated. A PM will also do.
Geez, why not just contact a Seawind dealer?
Old 08-01-2020, 08:21   #10

Boat: 1984Catalina 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenedos View Post
Hey guys if you will contact the dealer you can get a link to all the options and build out the boat like you like. I have one on order and its going to come in around $500,000. Pretty loaded with everything except Lithium. Contact a dealer there is no cost to shop.
phlbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:37   #11

Location: San Francisco Bay Area for me. The boat is in the Caribbean.
Boat: X5+ Catamaran, 53’

Contact Rob at Seawind. Super nice and responsive.Robert Wright rob@wrightyachtsales.com
Sbonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:28   #12

Kurt Jerman is the Seawind dealer for California. The dealers have territories, and generally refer and work well together. If you attend Annapolis show, there will typically be four dealers there, plus reps from Seawind factory. And likely Richard Ward himself.

Phil, that would be surprisingly cheap for a 1260. For reference, our 2019 1160 Lite came in close to $450k, but that includes everything thru shipment, commissioning, some Texas state tax, etc. Also includes the electronics (Zeus 3, Vesper, Icom) we chose to install ourselves, the Barracouta GPL Lite Skin (carbon) sails and spin, my wifes galley, bedding, and decorating pieces, window shades, etc. Again, that was an all-in cost, mostly documented for insurance purpose.

Disclaimer, Im not associated with Seawind, but have owned two new Corsair tris (thst we mostly raced), a purchase-used Seawind 1000, and last February took delivery of our new Seawind 1160 Lite. The Lite is a really nice sailing boat, and was super comfortable when we cruised Bahamas for three months, before bringing back to Florida and crossing the Gulf to Texas. Very happy with the boat.
Old 08-01-2020, 13:19   #13

Quote:
Kurt Jerman is the Seawind dealer for California. The dealers have territories, and generally refer and work well together. If you attend Annapolis show, there will typically be four dealers there, plus reps from Seawind factory. And likely Richard Ward himself.

Phil, that would be surprisingly cheap for a 1260. For reference, our 2019 1160 Lite came in close to $450k, but that includes everything thru shipment, commissioning, some Texas state tax, etc. Also includes the electronics (Zeus 3, Vesper, Icom) we chose to install ourselves, the Barracouta GPL Lite Skin (carbon) sails and spin, my wifes galley, bedding, and decorating pieces, window shades, etc. Again, that was an all-in cost, mostly documented for insurance purpose.

Disclaimer, Im not associated with Seawind, but have owned two new Corsair tris (thst we mostly raced), a purchase-used Seawind 1000, and last February took delivery of our new Seawind 1160 Lite. The Lite is a really nice sailing boat, and was super comfortable when we cruised Bahamas for three months, before bringing back to Florida and crossing the Gulf to Texas. Very happy with the boat.
Can you please convince my wife of that! No seriously I have contract in hand paid my deposit. It comes on just over $500,000. I didn't get a genset or Lithium but you're right that does not include taxes and delivery. All told after those gems it will be closer to $600,000. Still not to shabby for what I am hoping to do and go with this boat.
Old 08-01-2020, 15:36   #14

Phil, my wife came up with the idea of boat upsizing. Sadly, it was after i just spent a lot upgrading the previous Seawind. Of course she thought you could get a Lite for the $310k base advertised price. By the time she realized what the all in cost was going to be, the idea and vision of a new larger boat was heading down the tracks at full speed! We even visited the factory in Vietnam to see it being built.

Yeah your all in cost seems more like it. We dont have a gen either - just the 800 watts solar. We also carry a Honda 2200 which CAN run the air con at anchor. We never used it in Bahamas, just a couple of places in Florida. Our watermaker is a DC Spectra unit. We upsized to the 450 amp hr AGM house bank, and it was sufficient. Might add another sometime.
Old 09-01-2020, 07:07   #15

Sailjumanji, the options can add up quickly. I constantly look at what I can do without up front and what the cost would be aftermarket. Yet I think or at least hope there is some benefit to having things done at the factory when it comes to support if and when things begin to break as I know they will.

Tags
price, Seawind, wind