Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2011, 09:51   #16

Boat: 1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch "Lady Catherine II", 1973 Bristol 34 - "Our Baby"(RIP), Catalina 22
Re: Slapdash Selling the Farm !

Quote:
Originally Posted by webejammin View Post
As a Gemini 105Mc owner I have been folowing Slapdash for a while now sence I think Hawaii, The boat is waiting to get a good weather window to cross the Atlantic to South Carolina where they bought the boat and complete the circumnavication. Great boat but the motor has over 3000 hours on it.
Yup, it was pulled in January in Thailand. Fuel and oil pumps replaced I think and all hoses, plus several other things not specified.

See this for the few details:
Techie geek sailors | The Slapdash
and peace and tranquility reign forever!
1969 Morgan 40 Cruising Ketch
Fishman_Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:10   #17
TOM

Boat: Footloose 40 steel cutter
Re: Slapdash Selling the Farm !

Quote:
As a Gemini 105Mc owner I have been folowing Slapdash for a while now sence I think Hawaii, The boat is waiting to get a good weather window to cross the Atlantic to South Carolina where they bought the boat and complete the circumnavication. Great boat but the motor has over 3000 hours on it.
3000 hrs, whats wrong with that on a well kept diesel ...hardly run in !
TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 12:21   #18

Boat: Gemini 105MC 34 ft hull#753
Re: 'Slapdash' Selling the Farm !

Nothing is wrong with 3000 hours as long as the 3 quarts of oil was changed ever 100 hours of use like is required by the 30W Westerbeak book. I know our 30W runs like new, really smooth idel after an oil change ever 100 hours and idels rough after 100 hours of use.
Old 14-12-2011, 05:01   #19
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)

Too bad the timing is a little out of synch with us at the moment, or we could have possibly found a home for Slapdash with the 2Gringos. I mean, it's not like we don't know the boat's history.
Old 21-08-2012, 22:51   #20

According to NADA Guides a 2004 Gemini 105Mc average retail price is listed as $82,350.00. The low retail prcie for same is listed at $72,700.00.

Average Retail Value — An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer may need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Low Retail Value — A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot. Low Retail is not a trade-in value.
white rabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2012, 23:22   #21

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rabbitt View Post
According to NADA Guides a 2004 Gemini 105Mc average retail price is listed as $82,350.00. The low retail prcie for same is listed at $72,700.00.

Average Retail Value — An average retail valued boat should be in good condition with no visible damage or defects. This boat will show moderate wear and tear and will be in sound running condition. The buyer may need to invest in either minor cosmetic or mechanical work.

Low Retail Value — A low retail valued boat will show excessive wear and tear either cosmetically and/or mechanically. This boat may or may not be in running order. The buyer can expect to invest in cosmetic and/or mechanical work. Low retail vessels usually are not found on a dealer's lot. Low Retail is not a trade-in value.
Interesting, but not really indicative of the market. NADA tries to 'book' the boat market the same way it does the used vehicle market. The problem is, there are 1000's of vehicles that go through dealer auctions each week. So there is a good sampling available.

That is not the case for boats. Besides, if one looks at Yachtworld, it is clear that they priced a well equipped boat in the middle of the pack.

Remember, clients and customers write checks, not guidebooks. I wouldn't ever consider the NADA guidebooks to tell me anything about the boat market.
Old 21-08-2012, 23:26   #22

Maybe, but when getting a loan from a bank they use NADA as their guide for the amount they will loan. Just saying
Old 22-08-2012, 10:29   #23

Slapdash already sold their boat, this news is history.
Old 22-08-2012, 10:43   #24

Boat: Cal 2-27

anyone know what it sold for? I too followed their story and found their adventures to be interesting and well written.
Old 22-08-2012, 10:48   #25

I think it was listed for $135,000.00 sence the recession is over and prices are going up especially on catamarans that were not lease boats.
Old 22-08-2012, 10:53   #26

A few days ago they had it priced at $118 with all the extras and free sailing lessons included...
terminalcitygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 10:59   #27

Quote:
I think it was listed for $135,000.00 sence the recession is over and prices are going up especially on catamarans that were not lease boats.
Wow, its great to hear the recession is over because pretty much everything I read says times are still tough for many. The only end of the boat market that seems to be moving in our little city is the cheap end and even that is pretty slow. Talked with a sailing club guy last week and he said they are getting lots of calls and new members - most people, especially new to sailing, just can't afford the outlay, moorage and maintenance these days.

I would be very surprised if prices on any boats are actually going up, I'm watching yachtworld daily and I've looked at a bunch of data listings for different boats and that isn't my experience at all.
terminalcitygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 23:51   #28

Someone should get on Slapdash's web site or there FB page and ask the price they settled for, if folks really want to know I would guess you would get "None of your bussiness" Some one probably had all cash and got a great deal , That's what we did 2 years ago cash got us a geat deal and the seller bought a house in Hawaii with that cash and he got a great deal too
Old 19-09-2012, 11:15   #29

I think that they should have donated it to the Gemini Museum as the first Gemini to sail around the globe. Just saying
Old 04-02-2015, 09:26   #30

I have been shoping this model for some time,I am not seeing much out there for under 100k on these boats, I would jump on 70-80k or be looking real hard at whats wrong this picture, I am it the process of selling house & stuff to buy a cat & the Gemini is at the top of my list..Any Gemini sellers out there at that price? Hey I would love to have one that needs that can be had for the right price & I will fix her up!! I did have one deal that messed up for 85,, my bad, I was just short at the time & just missed it..
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote