Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2012, 06:05   #1

Small Cat.

Anyone here with experience - small cats - like the Solaris 24 ft ? Appreciate all comments and recommandations :-)
Bjorn
Bjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2012, 15:32   #2

Boat: Seawind 1000xl
Re: Small Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
Anyone here with experience - small cats - like the Solaris 24 ft ? Appreciate all comments and recommandations :-)
Bjorn
My experience is I saw a pix of one on the internet, something I would suggest anyone interested in that boat do.

I do have experience sailing and racing Stilettos which are small cats. I am sure both the 23 and 27 would be much faster than the Solaris, but not have as much cabin space.

I suspect you are looking for comments about coastal cruising with the Solaris and would suggest you indicate where you want to cruise and how many peeps will be on the boat. It is also useful to mention how experienced you are as a sailor and if you will have other experienced sailors along.

There seems to be some agreement that under about 35 feet a small trimaran will be faster and have more space than a small catamaran, especially for cruising. But for straight up racing a small catamaran (under 35 feet) may be faster, e.g. something like a Reynolds.

YMMV
tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote