Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-02-2009, 09:43   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
Ram, I guess Warren Buffett isn't in Twisty's class.

Must be nice to go through life without needing to consider budgets or limits and only worry about what's going to make her happy.
So because I put you in your place about the other board you resort to being even more condescending and again add absolutely nothing in the way of answers to genuine questions. And then ppl wonder why "competing" forums are started. Go figure. In an effort to look out for the "interest" of this forum you have given the perfect example why newbies usually don't last long at big forums like this and why other forums are created, and why I created that other forum. Thank you for proving my point so perfectly.
twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:46   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
Link to SNL, season 13, episode 1 - "Permission to Speak Freely"

SNL Transcripts: Steve Martin: 10/17/87: Permission to Speak Freely

TaoJones
LOL that is pretty good!
Old 25-02-2009, 09:46   #108
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
You really don't get it!

I am buying a catamaran at some point in the near future I have questions that need answers. No stroking of threads to make my board better, and no other motives other than to gain information so I can make a better decision later on when it comes time to actually get serious about what I am buying.

ok I take that back there is one other thing that was a motivating factor that has something to do with other forums. That boards tag line is Speak Freely and sail, why, because of the over-moderation and lack of being able to speak freely with out the fear of being banned or accused of inseserity I have seen at so many of the other sailing forums. There ya go there's my motive for starting that forum. But given that domain name was only registered on the 21st I am still quite confused as to how you think the two(this thread and that forum) are related.
Ok I think I do get it--Thats more like it-Real Sincerity - to me I knew there was more here that was stated that what I mean by being a little off -

I wish you all the best here and on your forum - I really mean no disrespect and in fact I rarely make so many posts (Im board on the stock market latly) -
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:46   #109
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bristol 35 Bellesa
Can we please tone this down and get back to the original topic of the thread.

Thank you
FrankZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 09:54   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankZ View Post
Can we please tone this down and get back to the original topic of the thread.

Thank you
I would absolutely love to. I am still looking for an answer to one of my original questions. Anyone?
Old 25-02-2009, 09:57   #111
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisty View Post
So because I put you in your place about the other board you resort to being even more condescending and again add absolutely nothing in the way of answers to genuine questions....
Put me in my place? Really? You're kidding, right? I'm not upset in the least and didn't take it that way at all. Of course that could just be my condescending nature.

Frankly, you amuse me.

I already gave you the best of advice. Find a Cat owner near you and to read up on the subject. Until you pick a price range, there's nothing else to talk about. Which brings us back to the current conversation.

I think Ram put it best so I'll stand by his comments. Incidentally, if money is really no object, then please take my boat. But...please pay me $500K for it so I can buy a boat in Ram's class.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 10:00   #112
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Look I want to Apoligize , I did not mean to inFLAME this thread- it is time to move on! Lets all be Real !
Old 25-02-2009, 10:02   #113
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I would be happy to invite Twisty to my Yacht- a little far at the moment - but a real invite- in fact you might consider a week or two sailing the Med , I beleave theres no finer place
Old 25-02-2009, 11:10   #114

This thread seems a little testy! Anyway, Twisty, I live in carolina Beach which is somewhat close to where you are starting your exploration. a friend of mine h=owns a 41 cat so let me know if you want to check it out. Just to give you an idea of the difference.
Johnmcntsh@gmail.com
johnmcntsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 12:20   #115

Boat: Alura 30
Twisty,I own a 2007 FP Mahe 36' ,I am located in Tampa Bay Fl,if you ever come down this way I will be happy to show you my boat and try to help you,my wife will also be glad to show you around our cat.
JC.
jean1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 12:53   #116

John, Jean,

Thank you both very much! John as things progress I might just take you up on that, I get down to Carolina Beach a few times a year.

Jean, thank you for the invitation as well, I love the Tampa Bay area, if I get down that way again soon I will definitely be ringing you up.

Again, Thank you both!
Old 25-02-2009, 13:53   #117

Boat: deboated
Thanks guys for a while their I thought it just must have been me that thought something was not right about not having a budget. Twisty, here in Australia we do it differently maybe that is why our banks have not had to be bailed out like you have had in the USA and beyond.
meyermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 15:25   #118

Ya know because ppl do things differently than you doesn't make it wrong. I didn't come here asking what I should buy. I came here asking 3 questions.

how does the beam width effect handling? Specifically handling it alone?
Is there anything I should be looking for knowing I will refitting it for solo handling?

I didn't ask anyone to help me pick a boat. I asked specific questions so I would know what to look for and to get a better understanding of what to consider. You can't set a budget without knowing what you need, if you can, your doing better than I am.

To those of you that suggested different boats and tried to answer my questions thank you very much. I appreciate it beyond words. I now have more knowledge than I started with which is all I was looking for. I also have a really great list of boats to consider when I get that far.

Even though so many of you have helped me so much I feel like it is time to close this thread. I didnt come here to be accused of being insincere, trying to poach forum members or anything else I came here to learn, I'm sorry I won't make that mistake again I will go somewhee else to ask my questions.

So mods if you please.....
Old 25-02-2009, 15:28   #119
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
OK mods,

The Her Royal Highness has spoken. chop..chop...
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2009, 15:35   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
OK mods,

The Her Royal Highness has spoken. chop..chop...
Pot. Kettle. Black.