Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-11-2018, 10:11   #31

Boat: Scout 30
Re: Stolen Boat; Portugal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3534 View Post
I'm sorry, but what is your business to know all this? The boat has been found, the owner is/was dead, the thread has served its purpose, life goes on. Please.
Actually, this thread has served no purpose and you don't appear to know anything more than anyone else. This is from the original post, "The owner has asked me to publicise this in case the boat is seen somewhere in Portugal, Spain or Morocco?" I guess there must have been a séance.

When someone starts a thread on this forum members have every right to attempt to determine if the information presented is factual. The OP is the one who morphed this thread into a Boat For Sale thread. There may be nothing wrong with that but some clarity is necessary.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 11:16   #32

Agree, fully
369thegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:19   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
Actually, this thread has served no purpose
Of course it has. OP knows that boat have been found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout 30 View Post
and you don't appear to know anything more than anyone else. This is from the original post, "The owner has asked me to publicise this in case the boat is seen somewhere in Portugal, Spain or Morocco?" I guess there must have been a séance.

When someone starts a thread on this forum members have every right to attempt to determine if the information presented is factual. The OP is the one who morphed this thread into a Boat For Sale thread. There may be nothing wrong with that but some clarity is necessary.
If I am the designer for your boat and you fall overboard and your body is found later and now the boat is missing, I might have the decency to not start a thread about the lost boat with those unfortunate details but keep it a bit abstract.

Maybe the relatives of the (former) owner are involved? Who knows. But imho you do NOT need to know. The thread starter has NO obligation to tell you.

If you want to know more, you can have a look at the op's website, he is not anonymous. I think you are being a bit obnoxious given the circumstances (as described in the translated facebook post mentioned above)
250224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:37   #34

Location: Brisbane after cruising (Atlantic -> Med -> Carib -> Pacific)
Boat: Vancouver 36, Hobie 33, Catana 48, now all with new owners

The story is pretty simple and tragic, and this is just the tail end of it. It is all pretty well documented in this forum and others. No conspiracy in sight.

- British Yachtsman builds boat in Portugal (Rob Denney designer)
- British Yachtsman dies/goes missing from boat at anchor before it is completed: Still no sign of missing British yachtsman | Portugal Resident
- Non-sailing family is left with 3/4+ completed boat and puts it on the market
- Challenges selling boat as ownership is questionable in Portugal as no body was found, and both Britain and Portugal are involved - there is a thread on Sailing Anarchy about someone who was thinking of buying it if you are interested
- Then as reported family notices the boat has gone missing from where it has been left anchored, but turns up as reported above. Could be more to that story with the locals, but doesn't seem to affect the outcome.

No conspiracy.

Knowing Rob, but not the particular circumstances, I assume he has been in contact with the family to see he can help them find a buyer for the boat, hence his involvement.

Mark.
mark_morwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:50   #35
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Stolen Boat; Portugal

Damn!!!!
There goes the conspiracy theories..

You can't beat a people up for 75 years and have them say.. "I Love You.. ".
"It is better to die standing proud, than to live a lifetime on ones knees.."

The Politician Never Bites the Hand that Feeds him the 30 piece's of Silver..
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 12:55   #36

Boat: Hunter 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
What the hell is it?

It looks a catamaran that had the coach roof built the wrong way around.
It is a proa
rgranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 22:00   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_morwood View Post
The story is pretty simple and tragic, and this is just the tail end of it. It is all pretty well documented in this forum and others. No conspiracy in sight.

- British Yachtsman builds boat in Portugal (Rob Denney designer)
- British Yachtsman dies/goes missing from boat at anchor before it is completed: Still no sign of missing British yachtsman | Portugal Resident
- Non-sailing family is left with 3/4+ completed boat and puts it on the market
- Challenges selling boat as ownership is questionable in Portugal as no body was found, and both Britain and Portugal are involved - there is a thread on Sailing Anarchy about someone who was thinking of buying it if you are interested
- Then as reported family notices the boat has gone missing from where it has been left anchored, but turns up as reported above. Could be more to that story with the locals, but doesn't seem to affect the outcome.

No conspiracy.

Knowing Rob, but not the particular circumstances, I assume he has been in contact with the family to see he can help them find a buyer for the boat, hence his involvement.

Mark.

This indeed is the sad story. Thanks Mark!

I am assisting the family in the sale. Any enquiries welcome.

Bernhard
bebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2018, 23:42   #38

Might just be a strange story that was poorly presented but the "hey, by the way it's for sale" at the end (and also posted similarly on other threads) sure makes it look odd.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 08:52   #39
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/ind...omment-6193120
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2018, 09:12   #40

Boat: Scout 30

Did not intend to offend the OP & I apologize if I did so. Just looking for clarification on a really confusing thread. The only reason I was even interested in getting involved in the thread is that this looks like a truly unique & amazing boat. Just the kind of boat I dream of & I'd hate to see it destroyed due to neglect. If this is a legitimate listing for sale, & it appears that it is, I'd get a reputable Broker involved and get it moved to a marina where it would be safe & can actually be viewed. This asset is much too valuable to leave unprotected.
Scout 30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, Portugal