Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2021, 05:13   #1

storage ideas

Hello,
We have a 2003 47 leopard owners version which has surprisingly little storage space for a relatively large boat.
We are looking for ideas for storage that would allow us to get at stuff without moving fourteen boxes to get at the one at the bottom of a pile.
Obviously the best thing would be to limit the amount of stuff but that is extremely unlikely as my wife has never seen a kitchen appliance that she didn't have to have and I am a firm believer in "he who dies with the most tools wins"
We are considering turning a cabin into a semi-dedicated storage area but getting at anything at the back of a bunk would be entertaining to watch but not so much to do.

Thank you for any suggestions.
SP
Seapig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2021, 20:06   #2

Boat: Norseman 430, Jabberwock
Re: storage ideas

Check to see if there is anything behind the cabin seat backs.

My seat back cushions are removable; I cut openings in the fiberglass so I could store things back there.
ggray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 01:41   #3
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggray View Post
Check to see if there is anything behind the cabin seat backs.

My seat back cushions are removable; I cut openings in the fiberglass so I could store things back there.
What a great idea
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:27   #4

Bear in mind that the heavily loaded multihull is compromised in performance which includes safety.
tamicatana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:05   #5
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sos View Post
What a great idea

If you cut holes make sure your not cutting into something structural.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 19:04   #6

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapig View Post
Hello,
We have a 2003 47 leopard owners version which has surprisingly little storage space for a relatively large boat.
We are looking for ideas for storage that would allow us to get at stuff without moving fourteen boxes to get at the one at the bottom of a pile.
Obviously the best thing would be to limit the amount of stuff but that is extremely unlikely as my wife has never seen a kitchen appliance that she didn't have to have and I am a firm believer in "he who dies with the most tools wins"
We are considering turning a cabin into a semi-dedicated storage area but getting at anything at the back of a bunk would be entertaining to watch but not so much to do.

Thank you for any suggestions.
SP
Buy a 60ft Lagoon or both of you change your collecting habits…kitchen appliances are definitely limited on any boat….tools if you also know how to use them can safe your ass
CaptainRivet is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage