Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2015, 13:59   #31

Re: Structural Integrity Question

Looks like a pretty simple repair to me. The loads on the forebeam are quite straightforward - it gets pulled up by the forestay.

A roll of uni, and 5kg of epoxy would be more than enough to fix it structurally. Cosmetically hiding the repair would be the hardest part.
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 14:17   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCIVILIZED View Post
It is what it is, & since neither of us is contemplating buying the boat, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over it.
The irony being, for all we know, the post could be someone pranking us, to see how far the topic runs, & how much time people put into advancing their theories. But then, that's just a hypothetical.
Thank you everybody for the opinions and input. I assure you this is not a prank and you have all helped me form an opinion and make decisions.
eazye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 15:43   #33

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult. That commentary was my way of saying that I was signing out, regarding the topic. As in like what "out" means in radio communications speak. And I was doing so, as for whatever reason(s) it seemed that a lot of folks were more than doubting both my credibility & what I was saying, until neilpride stepped in & confirmed my thinking & comments.

So, my apologies. And feel free to run questions on things nautical, past me, any time.

EDIT: It sounds as if you've made some decisions, so naturally I'm curious as to what they are. However if you're not comfortable sharing them, especially on an open forum, that's more than fine by me.
- Also, if you want some further opinions & feedback, ones likely coming from a different viewpoint than here, including some from Naval Architects, Professional Boatbuilders etc., then let me know & I'll give you the addresses.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 17:25   #34
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

[QUOTE=UNCIVILIZED;1712676]Sorry, I didn't mean to insult. That commentary was my way of saying that I was signing out, regarding the topic. As in like what "out" means in radio communications speak. And I was doing so, as for whatever reason(s) it seemed that a lot of folks were more than doubting both my credibility & what I was saying, until neilpride stepped in & confirmed my thinking & comments.

So, my apologies. And feel free to run questions on things nautical, past me, any time.

EDIT: It sounds as if you've made some decisions, so naturally I'm curious as to what they are. However if you're not comfortable sharing them, especially on an open forum, that's more than fine by me.
- Also, if you want some further opinions & feedback, ones likely coming from a different viewpoint than here, including some from Naval Architects, Professional Boatbuilders etc., then let me know & I'll give you the addresses.[/QUOTE

What credibility? You talk like you've solved the problem. Seems like we have been reading different threads.
smj is offline   Reply With Quote