Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2008, 16:53   #16

Boat: Valiant 50
The Cattery Chronicles Continued

Well children, as you may recall at the end of the last episode, our trio of Technocrats, now re-branded as Les Trois Mousquetaires were smote down by the Kings Guards. Bruised, bloodied but not yet beaten, they repair to a cozy little inn, not far from the Palais de Chaillot. Succoured by Article 19 of the UDHR not to mention a half a dozen single malt Scotch whiskies - for medicinal purposes only. A cunning plan is hatched.

(Note: If the reference to the UDHR and Article 19 makes no sense – try Wiki - Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Scroll down, it’s halfway down the page. This is the root of D’Artagnan’s boeuf)

At first, it seems that our trio now exiled, gagged, and their swords blunted, are neutered, mere poodles floating aimlessly in cyberspace. But all is not as it seems. So how are they to engage The Vendor? Luckily, for our trio, the Kings Guards have their feet up and are Relaxing Lah!, For a short while the Praetorian Guard, replete with hubris, have dropped their ever watchful gaze. Enough time for Les Trois to regroup and gather their wits.

Meanwhile, back at the Inn, their cunning plan is refined. A safe haven, a Fort of their own with impregnable battlements from which to launch their raids is what they need. A Wizard of their very own is summoned and in a heart beat they have their castle, indeed it’s a Website that they can call their very own, a Forum solely for Multihulls no less, based deep in the Yorkshire moors.

It is from here that they will lure the hapless mariner to savor Article 19 and other deliciously subversive ideas. We may be seduced. Each of the major manufacturers including Vendor X has a stand alone section.

The End.
Old 23-09-2008, 20:18   #17

Great stuff, do you write for a living?
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 00:09   #18

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
This is as good as the soapies. Neelie could sell this stuff to the networks. What would it be called? As the Hulls turn? or General Cattery. HeHeHe
Old 24-09-2008, 10:02   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: PDQ 36 & Atlantic 42

In the U.S. we are bombarded by commercial advertising 24/7/52. It comes at us everywhere we look, everywhere we listen. The invasion doesn't stop at the front door of our houses; it's most vociferous where we live. Unless we rip out the televisions, trash our radios, and have a minion remove all offending ads from anything we read, we either submit to these attempts at mind control, or we ignore them. For most of us it just flows around us, like water over a rock. We are occasionally amused by a cute or novel attempt to catch our attention. Many of us rebel slightly, and only buy stuff we've never heard of (but wine companies have caught on to that!)
So hearing self promotion from an otherwise interesting story teller is just 'No foul'.
However, hearing someone grind away at someone else for no reason we care about sets alarms ringing. What's going on here? Did someone run off with a favorite daughter? Only madmen rant. Why do I have to put up with this obsessive hostility?
Surely there's something going on behind all this. What motivates this slavering drivel? It can't be that a vendor brags about his dreams, that's patently petty.
Wait! I've seen this before! Its just like American Elections! They must be running for the same position. They are neither fools, massive egotists or madmen, they are POLITICIANS! Thats it! whats on channel 128?
sandy daugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 10:50   #20

Location: Aground in the Yorkshire Dales, awaiting a very high tide.
[quote=Octopus;208527]Gludy

...This is a public forum...

Provided that you toe the 'party Line'; otherwise be prepared to hear the cry of 'it's my ball and I'm going home!'
bobnlesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 11:00   #21
Armchair Bucketeer

[quote=bobnlesley;208853]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
Gludy

Provided that you toe the 'party Line'; otherwise be prepared to hear the cry of 'it's my ball and I'm going home!'
I think you will find this is a private forum. with Public Access.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 11:11   #22
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
Gludy
Actually (as DOJ indicates), this is a privately owned forum, publicly hosted on the internet.

The CruisersForum has no “party line”, excepting our mission to serve “Cruising Boats, Cruising People, & Cruising Answers”.

The CruisersForum does have established “standards of behaviour”, somewhat higher than many forums. We believe this sets us apart (and above) many other Cruising & Boating venues. Those who are unappreciative of, or unwilling to adhere to, our rigorous community standards, are invited to contribute elsewhere.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote