Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2016, 18:01   #181

Boat: Cartwright 36 Cutter
Send a message via Skype™ to SVTwilight
Re: SV La Vagabonde new ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Yeah - better tell these people that.

This is very impressive! I have been to that very spot, only after three days in Force 9 with 25 ft grey beards pounding us the whole way! My hat is off to anyone that can successfully navigate a Cat that size to the Antarctic Peninsula!
Old 23-10-2016, 18:23   #182

Boat: Seawind 1160 Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedefieslife View Post
Will be interesting for sure.

I can't seem the point in them going back to all the same places. None will be as good as remembered and probably not as much fun without the excitement of visiting for the first time.

Personally after a circumnavigation I'd want to maybe head down to Africa, or even visit antartica. The Outremer is unsuitable for the latter.

Perhaps they will leave La Vaga in Aus, then head east in the Outremer. That would be new.

As for patreon, I think the figures are misleading. Someone who earns money that way did say that the figure you see is usually per month, so if releasing 4 vids a month then it's more like $2k per video. Still excellent though. Of course the taxman will have a massive chunk of that. Patreon donations aren't actually donations in the normal tax free sense. The patreons are actually paying for content/special access and the like.

Due to the duality of purpose, they most likely can't even claim boat expenses against tax. Still, it's a great income.
They are both Australian, (like myself) , so you really need to give Australian tax advise,

Alternatively they would also probably qualify as being non residents of Australia for tax purposes so could claim wherever they want to pay tax provided they had everything aligned accordingly
Andrew Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2016, 22:13   #183

Boat: Lagoon 450F 3 Cabin

"Death and taxes"...the discussion is now officially over
Cruising4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 00:53   #184

Boat: Prout Snowgoose 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Grace View Post
They are both Australian, (like myself) , so you really need to give Australian tax advise,

Alternatively they would also probably qualify as being non residents of Australia for tax purposes so could claim wherever they want to pay tax provided they had everything aligned accordingly
I wasn't giving advise, just a general overview that of course would need to be adapted to the local market. But whilst on the subject Patreon income is taxable in Aus, and in Aus just like in most other countries, you can't claim non-residence status unless you are domicile elsewhere (in a another tax area). Anyway, I'm sure non or us are interested in their tax or income situation.

Instead let's talk about those pics of Outreamers in the Antartica. Absolutely awesome. I wonder if they coated the hulls.
mikedefieslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2016, 04:46   #185
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Multihulls - cats and Tris

Nope
Bog standard Outremer, Saw it in Puerto Natales last year and spoke with the folk on board as they were heading south to Ushuaia and then to Antarctica
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote