Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.22 average. Display Modes
Old 13-05-2014, 17:50   #2716

Re: Trimaran - Especially Searunner - Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by searunner31 View Post
It was a bronze post and the aft cabin had a sail drive at some point a settee and table was removed and a permanent berth relaxed it. It had wheel steering. This boat had a lot of teak on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Yes, I built that boat-during my ownership two marriages also went on the rocks....Bless Tamara.
nickel plate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 02:10   #2717

Boat: Searunner 37 Aroha

Each to his own i say with nets paint and gloss. It really doesnt matter until you decide to sell your boat.. then you always want the best.
There are not that many great condition Searunners out there. Many are OK or still workable but they are kinda fading away. These trimarans are really special and deserve a more. For those that are giving life back to these Searunners i say you deserve a pat on the back cause like i say these boats deserve a long long sailing life..... Also... nets transform a trimaran they give it something no other yacht has... a spectacular platform that you are one with the sea, and a choice of two area's.
rossad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 20:22   #2718

Here is a photo of my Searunner 31 En Pointe with nets made of Bainbridge material. They sell a light and heavy grade made especially for offshore boats. I have the lighter material on the recommendation of Bainbridge salesman. It's plenty stout. The mesh is very comfortable for lounging and I can clean fish on it and it doesn't stain, washes clean.

I'm currently cruising Vanuatu after crossing from California to Fiji via Mexico, French Polynesia, Tonga and Fiji. They've performed well so far. No issues even in big seas (3-4 meters) and high winds (35-45kt) even to weather like the passage I just made.

It's tied with 5/16th Amsteel line to used rod rigging inserted through PVC tubes glassed to the hull.

If you're curious my blog is here at En Pointe | Photo galleries from a small trimaran sailing westward
tomvandyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 16:57   #2719

OK, apparently I don't have enough posts to qualify for posting the photo of the nets bit it can be found on my blog here: En Pointe | Photo galleries from a small trimaran sailing westward
tomvandyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 04:30   #2720

Boat: Searunner, 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvandyke View Post
Here is a photo of my Searunner 31 En Pointe
Beautiful!! I am jealous. I can only hope my boat will turn out so nice. I don't think it will. Please keep us informed of your travels. Maybe in a few years I will bump into you in paradise.
Old 10-06-2014, 19:36   #2721

Boat: Searunner Trimaran 25

Making big progress on my boat this summer in Seattle the weather has been fantastic. Hope all you other Searunners are out cruising. I'm open to crew if anyone is in the puget sound to Alaska region.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pereg...30292897073438
slowbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 19:45   #2722

Slowbat
Great to see a goody woody coming back to relive the dream. I shall be posting some pics soon of my Searunner and what i like about it or them. Searunners even today are special boats and should be kept in good condition by their owners because of their heritage status.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:57   #2723

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Progress continues on WILDERNESS in San Diego. I am discussing the new mast and sails with the rigger, fabricating new cabin soles from honeycomb/graphite/epoxy, going into the last details of the refrigerator (recirculating fans, thermostat controls, seawater cooling pump), and preparing to build the hard dodger. The fantasy is to be departing on the first really long passage from here to Hawaii to Anacortes and back to SD, one year from now. Lots of work to do, but, at least, I now have the time to do it.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 18:44   #2724

Golly Roy that would be a big achievement. But well worth the efforts to complete such a goal would put you on a big high i am sure. If next year is my year to depart it would be nice to come up from New Zealand and meet up. I heard that Hawaii isnt that yacht friendly and hard to find a good spot to anchor for any length of time. But because i like the surf its one of my destinations.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:19   #2725

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Hanalei Bay next June? That would make a nice picture to post. Now I've got a target. Today I'm fiddling with making a selector switch for the lighting of the refrigerator and freezer interiors. I need to finish the reefer so I can put the galley back together. The stove is waiting for some parts before I can button it up. Here's a pic of it as it currently looks (only Force 10 eye-level oven unit in the world):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0912.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	82918  
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 13:41   #2726

Well i will admit it..... first thing i did was google Hanalei Bay as soon as i saw your post.... Looks pretty to nice to me. Suppose by that pier there is some spots to anchor. After seeing that surf there it makes an ideal destination.
Ummmmm June... OK let me think about that!
Old 14-06-2014, 10:02   #2727

Boat: Boatless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvandyke View Post
Here is a photo of my Searunner 31
Yeah . . .WOW!!! Really nice to see such a nice Searunner! I can only wish!

I was given some tennis nets that I use for netting. They work great for holding stuff and are cheap. Can't walk on them but you can lie down on them (if you are brave!).

My 31 is my project boat which I am going to put up for sale (again) since I am not having the time to do what needs to be done.

But in the meantime I am interested in purchasing a hank on drifter for this season if anyone knows of one. Also my idea is to take the boat down to the Chesapeake from here in CT at the end of the season and see if I can get it together to do some work in a little warmer climate. Hard to work on the boat here in the winter which is when I have the most time. To that end I'd like to find some help sailing her down. She is seaworthy. Any one interested let me know. Thanks.
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2014, 14:31   #2728

Jimske
I can relate to weather and work on a Searunner. It can get pretty harsh here in New Zealand over winter.
When you do the trip on your 31 please do post some pics on this thread.
Old 14-06-2014, 16:06   #2729

Boat: Searunner 31

I was given some tennis nets that I use for netting. They work great for holding stuff and are cheap. Can't walk on them but you can lie down on them (if you are brave!).

Jimske,
Could to post photos of your tennis nets? I love this idea and would like to see how they go on.
Old 15-06-2014, 07:51   #2730

Boat: Boatless

Yeah, will do later today.

In the meantime I would like to get some opinions about a bimini. Hard or soft? Headroom? I REALLY liked the way En Pointe did his cockpit enclosure. I started mine and have a stern frame but now am not sure how to proceed and stopped after seeing what he did.. I like to stand in the cockpit when sailing at times but also like to just hunker down and be enclosed while sailing or for the night. What about dousing the main with the hard roof? Did he raise the boom?

I'd really like to get the best of both worlds.
Jimske is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle, Searunner, trimaran