Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.22 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2021, 09:17   #4711

Boat: Custom Marples 40 FC
Re: Trimaran - Especially Searunner - Owners

Hello all. It has been a ton of time since we have posted on the forum....

Just an FYI for the community. There is newly listed trimaran for sale. Marples CC-40 FC. Professionally built 2018 custom model. First launched July 2019. She is essentially a new boat.

Full disclosure .... she is our boat. Circumstances have forced us to list her. East Coast Yacht Sales. Located in New Hampshire, US.

Cheers......SnJ
w32honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 17:27   #4712

Boat: Still building

Pics? Link?
Buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 14:12   #4713

Boat: Farrier f27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzman View Post
Pics? Link?
Just Google: east coast yachtsales.

$350,000 asking price
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 17:26   #4714

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

WILDERNESS status report for October 9th: the cabintop is largely done with trim and nonskid pretty much done. I've got some touch up work, but I'm waiting on paint to complete the cockpit. We had some unexpected rain earlier this week which slowed the painting for a few days, but no damage to existing work. I chose to replace the galley overhead ventilation hatches, as the original Bomar hatches were pretty old and parts no longer available. I replaced them with Lewmar Ocean Series. This required some trimming, so, the last couple days were driven by precision fitting, epoxy, glass and painting. Seeing the interior finish rings and screens pop into place was a very special moment, but required extra work since the overhead oven vent hatch had to go through stainless sheet metal. The new cordless angle grinder made short work of it. The galley overhead panels are going in, as well as the galley fluorescent and LED red/white lamps. Things are really starting to change, toys are being transferred from my storage space to the boat for installation. Chaos still has the upper hand, but I'm crossing tasks off my priority check list. Three to five weeks away is the mast installation (and assembly). Next week I start reinstalling the steering pedestal and engine controls. I will be using a friend's Boston Whaler, strapped in a "hip tie" lashing to take the boat to the rigging yard to remove the mast and old rigging. Anyone looking for a super-cheapo mast and sails? Back to the dock for prep work (new mast step, electrical harnesses, lightning ground strap, and centerboard compartment covers, and assembling the new Selden mast and rig), then back to the rig yard for installing the mast and other stuff. Haulout will be this winter, after I get the engine fully operational. I want to pull it out, give it a full refit (replacing hoses, exhaust elbow, converting from conventional belt to serpentine, replacing engine room insulation), and making it as reliable as possible for the coming cruising plans next summer.

This is a lot of work, but it's not my first rodeo. I've been doing this for a very long time on other people's boats. Now, it's my turn, yet it doesn't feel like work. Management of refits requires extensive attention to detail, rigorous planning and sequencing, expectation of hiccups (Covid, supply disruption, and weird weather, to start with). Notebooks are a critical tool. But, at this moment, sitting in the cockpit in the late afternoon, with a cold IPA next to me, the boat is really beginning to shine, and the stacks of tools, materials and daily necessities are not in total disarray. And people cruising past on their paddle boards, kayaks, sailboats and power craft slow down and shout out reassurement that they like what they see happening.

And, it doesn't hurt that this has been the most beautiful day in a very long time.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2021, 20:33   #4715

Boat: Searunner 40 trimaran, WILDERNESS

Status report on WILDERNESS for October 15th, 2021:

This has been an exciting day. Fritz Richardson and I "unwrapped" the new mast prior to assembly. It's a Selden, manufactured in Sweden, prepped in the USA, and about to be assembled and installed, with all sorts of really cool features. For example, my original mast was an external halyard, ultra simple rig, that performed very satisfactorially for 40-plus years. But now, as I prepare for my dream journey, I'm rigging up for performance. The Selden is a work of art and engineering. Full batten, with a triradial main to hold it's shape for the duration of my cruising days, roller furling Staysail, headsails (genoa and Yankee), and Code Zero, and clutches galore to offer greater control to an aging skipper and crew. We will be pulling the old stick in two weeks and mounting the new one shortly thereafter. The new Harken self-tailers, tracks, lead blocks, and traveller are almost complete. This boat is going to fly soon.
Roy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 02:24   #4716

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

i'm excited for you Roy, you have been working long and hard on her. You deserve it
jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 04:25   #4717

Boat: Searunner 37 Trimaran

Bought the (joy de Vivre) in new Brunswick just before covid hit. Renamed to the TAHKAYAW, with the appropriate ceremonies.
We were in the water for a month after repairs, I really need sailing lessons. Top speed so far was 8.7 knots with the mainsail and a storm jib.
Looking forward to next spring, some lessons and then some long distance fun.
Did I mention that my sailing skills are almost nonexistent? What do you expect from a guy from the prairies?
thatguyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2021, 04:28   #4718

Anchored in a river mouthClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210918_154714.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	246903
Old 16-10-2021, 04:31   #4719

At this point I said to myself what did you get yourself into?
But I kept following the dryrot back until I found solid wood again!Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190901_150041.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	246904
Old 16-10-2021, 15:24   #4720

i am glad to see that she is in the water. If you want some company sailing next spring, just give the word.
jon
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
Old 16-10-2021, 16:42   #4721

Quote:
Originally Posted by longjonsilver View Post
i am glad to see that she is in the water. If you want some company sailing next spring, just give the word.

jon
That would be great, talk to you in the spring
Old 21-10-2021, 14:00   #4722

Boat: Searunner 34

Hello all!

I'm Jack and this is my recently acquired searunner. It is another one of those boats that never got finished. It was offered to us, not knowing anything about it initially, we fell in love with her (her potential) even though its "20%" complete.

I've been reading this thread for weeks now collecting all types of valuable information! And there sure is alot of it here!

But I'm still catching up, reading 10 year old posts...
I figured I'd skip ahead a bit and say hello!

I suppose I do have alot of questions and many of them have been answered by this thread alone.

I'm aware of water damage to the very bottom, will probably need to be "re-skinned"
Maybe replace the trunk for cheap insurance!
All the exposed glass and epoxy will have to be stripped and re done.

I think the only way I'm going to be able to move it to my ward is by separating the hulls, cutting her wings, unfortunately! I know it's not a good idea. but theres gotta be a way, right? I've seen photos and read about others who have had to do the same for shipping a full-wing boat. I have not yet made it to the posts of re-assembly.

I will definitely contact john marples for a set of plans.

So who am I and why do I think I can do this?
I'm one of those naturally skilled with anything mechanical. I've been to marine engine school and helped my friend run a "rent a wreck" boat rental business after finishing school.
We drove to florida a few years ago and sailed back home a Catalina 470 from Charlotte harbor all the way back home (offshore) and through the new York canals, to bayfield Wisconsin!
8 months of living the cruising life and completing a good chunk of the loop!

My girlfriend came along with us, and she's also hooked on sailing now, heck, shes more wishy-washy then I am when it comes to this.

Of course I still have to manage our expectations with this, I suppose it could fall apart like wet cardboard... and its definitely not going to be worth what we put into it. But neither was Slocum's SPREY!
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3531.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	247167Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3535.jpeg
Views:	107
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	247168Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3526.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	247169Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3521.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	247170Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3544.jpeg
Views:	98
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	247171
Old 21-10-2021, 14:39   #4723

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by migizi View Post
Hello all!

I'm Jack and this is my recently acquired searunner. It is another one of those boats that never got finished. It was offered to us, not knowing anything about it initially, we fell in love with her (her potential) even though its "20%" complete.

I've been reading this thread for weeks now collecting all types of valuable information! And there sure is alot of it here!

But I'm still catching up, reading 10 year old posts...
I figured I'd skip ahead a bit and say hello!

I suppose I do have alot of questions and many of them have been answered by this thread alone.

I'm aware of water damage to the very bottom, will probably need to be "re-skinned"
Maybe replace the trunk for cheap insurance!
All the exposed glass and epoxy will have to be stripped and re done.

I think the only way I'm going to be able to move it to my ward is by separating the hulls, cutting her wings, unfortunately! I know it's not a good idea. but theres gotta be a way, right? I've seen photos and read about others who have had to do the same for shipping a full-wing boat. I have not yet made it to the posts of re-assembly.

I will definitely contact john marples for a set of plans.

So who am I and why do I think I can do this?
I'm one of those naturally skilled with anything mechanical. I've been to marine engine school and helped my friend run a "rent a wreck" boat rental business after finishing school.
We drove to florida a few years ago and sailed back home a Catalina 470 from Charlotte harbor all the way back home (offshore) and through the new York canals, to bayfield Wisconsin!
8 months of living the cruising life and completing a good chunk of the loop!

My girlfriend came along with us, and she's also hooked on sailing now, heck, shes more wishy-washy then I am when it comes to this.

Of course I still have to manage our expectations with this, I suppose it could fall apart like wet cardboard... and its definitely not going to be worth what we put into it. But neither was Slocum's SPREY!
Attachment 247167Attachment 247168Attachment 247169Attachment 247170Attachment 247171
Best of luck. It sounds like folly, JMHO Then again, I build a 48 trawler of glass and people thought I was a crazy as a shithouse rat.
It appears to be an SR31. We called the forward berths that went under the cockpit seats the coffins,(sp?) on the one we had.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2021, 15:14   #4724

Quote:
Originally Posted by migizi View Post
Hello all! I think the only way I'm going to be able to move it to my ward is by separating the hulls, cutting her wings, unfortunately! I know it's not a good idea. but theres gotta be a way, right?
People have moved large boats over the roads. Not cheap tho. Somebody moved Wilsons Legacy over the roads to the water in Mass. She was some 40' long

jon
Old 21-10-2021, 15:19   #4725
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

Is that 34 in Bayfield? Looks like a great project and nice build site.

Tags
paracelle, Searunner, trimaran