Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2018, 13:04   #46

Re: Unbearable Lagoon Representation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTemp View Post
And I thought that perhaps that we were the only ones who felt this way. To think that we almost signed a contract on the Factory L42 that was supposed to be headed for Texas. If the factory after sales support is anything like the way they handled the show, then I am happy that we walked away. Nothing against the Texas Lagoon dealer for sure, but I never felt so unwelcome at a show.

Everyone else genuinely appeared to be interested in winning your business. I agree, the Leopard staff was excellent, as was then personal attention afforded by Texas FP contingent.
Thanks for the shout out! You would have met myself, James Tiernan, or one of my colleagues. Come sailing with is some time! We go sailing every Saturday and Sunday!
James Tiernan
Texas Coast Yachts - Fountaine Pajot Texas
IrishTexasJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 17:03   #47

Boat: Grand Harbor 76

Good evening,
My wife and i were at the show on Friday and had terrible customer service from Lagoon walking away with a sour taste in our mouths. We are in the market for a FP Helia 44, Lagoon 450S or the Leopard 45. We found Leopard to head and shoulders above the other 2 and will probably purchase their 45. What I found interesting was i asked each broker why i shouldn't buy from the competition, Leopard were the only ones not slinging sh*t at the other 2 companies.
Flyingbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 17:37   #48

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbill View Post
Good evening,
My wife and i were at the show on Friday and had terrible customer service from Lagoon walking away with a sour taste in our mouths. We are in the market for a FP Helia 44, Lagoon 450S or the Leopard 45. We found Leopard to head and shoulders above the other 2 and will probably purchase their 45. What I found interesting was i asked each broker why i shouldn't buy from the competition, Leopard were the only ones not slinging sh*t at the other 2 companies.
Hmm, something wrong with your story, Helia no longer for sale.....I'd like to hear what the FP reps told you at the show?
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 18:54   #49

Boat: Grand Harbor 76

Hi DotDun,
We have been looking at Helia 44 for the last year and were interested in a used one. After looking at the 47 and hearing about the 42 at the show, we have decided on the Leopard 45
The FP rep was saying the Leopards were very slow, extremely heavy and not built well
Flyingbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 19:03   #50

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbill View Post
Hi DotDun,
We have been looking at Helia 44 for the last year and were interested in a used one. After looking at the 47 and hearing about the 42 at the show, we have decided on the Leopard 45
The FP rep was saying the Leopards were very slow, extremely heavy and not built well
I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice!
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2018, 04:39   #51

Boat: Beneteau 361 - 36'

TXNewbie,

Sorry to hear of your bad experience at the Miami show and the Lagoon staff.

My wife and I on the other hand had an amazing experience with the Atlantic Cruising Yachts staff and Fountaine Pajot reps.

We have a FP 44 on order, and were invited down to discuss options on the boat, and they (FP) also hosted an owner's party Friday night that was awesome. Very welcoming and interested in bringing in the new and existing owner's in for a meet and greet.

Best of luck.
dasurfclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 03:50   #52

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

And a shout out to the Advantage Yacht Sales folks as well at the FP booth - very kind, and patient, and went over anything we had questions about.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 13:35   #53

Boat: Hunter, 31 (1983)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbi View Post
I am the man and I decide which boat to buy! Period!
I just need to make sure I buy a boat she loves ....
I am the captain of this ship!!!
Whatever the Admiral says goes!!!

Speaking of the show. We did not have a bad experience with Lagoon although we did have to wait to board. We just weren't impressed with the boats.

Leopard was quite professional, and we really liked the 45.

Our sales rep at FP was amazing, and really knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their boats. We like the Lucia 40 and the Saona 47. We really want to see the New 42 when it debuts. The Saona 47 they had on display was the 5 stateroom version. really impressive.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Saona 47 with 5 berth layout.jpg
Views:	684
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	165197  
Old 04-03-2018, 07:57   #54
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearman65 View Post
From my experience, both Leopard & Lagoon have full order books, at least 12 months forward. I have contacted the Lagoon agent in the UK, Leopard don't currently have a UK agent. The reception I got compared to the potential sales value was abysmal. I also tried various agents for both makes in the Med', one declined to give me a detailed quotation because the potential delivery was so far in advance. May have to look at other makes.
Hello Stearman, we are the Bavaria-Nautitech UK agents. At the present time we have afloat in Hamble Southampton UK, 6 boats, including 46 Open and 46 Flybridge
Please email me paul@keyyachting.com if you would like to receive information or arrange a visit.
Paulheys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 06:34   #55

Boat: Lagoon 440

As a Lagoon owner potential buyers should understand that once payment has cleared the factory does not want to know you it’s all up to how generous your dealer is in getting anything fixed under warranty, just expect no help and you won’t be disappointed.
harvey hellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 15:31   #56

Boat: LAGOON 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey hellman View Post
As a Lagoon owner potential buyers should understand that once payment has cleared the factory does not want to know you it’s all up to how generous your dealer is in getting anything fixed under warranty, just expect no help and you won’t be disappointed.
absolute pearl of wisdom

Holds true for other things about boating.

Be happy and adopt above philosophy when you pay another fortune for any service to do with boat. And other things as well lately.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2018, 02:43   #57

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey hellman View Post
The factory actually doesn't want to know you at all.
They make it pretty clear that they don't want anyone near their factory unless absolutely necessary to hook a client, they don't accept surveyors, and they even don't want your money: if you want to be invoiced by Lagoon factory and not through the dealer you have to pay a significant premium for this privilege.

But I guess the builders are all the same.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2018, 14:56   #58
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Westsail 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big2small View Post
Those who like the flybridge concept however should have a good look at the Nautitech 46Fly. I’m docked next to one right now. It’s not perfect but I’d pick it in a heartbeat over a Lagoon 45F.

I couldn't agree more. I delivered a Nautitech 54 across the Atlantic and put her into charter in BVI. Overall construction, performance, and design was so much better than the Lagoons and Leopards - completely in a difference class for a proper cruising offshore catamaran.
jcb47769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon