Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 00:42   #1

Upgrade of Lagoon Cat in the Caribbean

Hi sailors,
i bought a Lagoon 410. It is currently in St. Vincent. I plan to upgrade it with solar panels, a radar, two additional fuel tanks, a new anchor and chain. I seek advise where to go to buy the stuff and which company to hire to get it installed. I thought about Martinique, since they have large marinas, but i dont now the price level there compared to other islands in the area and frankly i don't speak french which will also make things more complicated.

Thanks for your help
Jaegerstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:33   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Hi Jae, Martinique very expensive, last year a Kyocera 130 watt in St lucia cost me 680 U$ , the same solar panel in Martinique 900 Euros, the Service and quality in Martinique is 1 rate, St lucia better prices and the quality of service is good to, and if you want the best price , sail to St marteen , im just buy yesterday the timing belt for my yamaha 9.9 for 20 u$ ,,,, and if you dont speak french , well almost all the technicians in martinique speak some low english , if you choose Martinique ask for DIGINAV is the electronic shop and JACK is the owner and speak english and spanish.Cheers.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:01   #3

St Lucia

Thanks for the response. Where have you been in St. Lucia and can you recomment some special supplier there.
BR JAE
Jaegerstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:20   #4

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Rodney bay , north side of the island, i buy the solar panel and the refrigerator in Island Waterworld, in Martinique try with Caribe Gregment is a electronic and rigging shop.Cheers.
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 14:00   #5

Boat: Privilege 435 Now Sold
Go on down to Grenada. Close to you, very good yards... Grenada Marine and Spice Island, and large branches of both Island Water World and Budget Marine chandleries. Both chandleries prices are the same in Grenada as their St Maarten stores.

I have also recently had excellent work done in Martinique on an engine and generator by Inboard Diesel Services (owned and managed by a Swedish man... All his local engineers spoke pretty good English) just outside of Fort de France. Surprisingly their labour rates were not significantly different from other islands

https://sailingjeannius.blogspot.com
Jeannius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 14:17   #6

just out of curiosity , where do you intend to fit 2 extra fuel tanks on the 410 , and how big?
J Ventura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean