Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 05:26   #1

Boat: Custom 28' Power Catamaran
Walter Greene gone…

Sorry if this is a repeat post. Thought for sure someone would have posted, but don’t see any….

Walter Green has passed away. About a week ago. Owner of Greene Marine in Maine: designer, builder, dreamer.

I was a first mate on his catamaran SEBAGO in Key West in about 1989-ish. I didn’t really know much about the boat or him at that time. Was told the boat was an ocean racing design, and could be righted if flipped, as one hull was built from solid glass and the other wood cored. Flooding the glass hull would get the mast parallel to the water, and then pumping it out would give you a 50% chance of it righting. If not, try again.

That’s my memory anyways. It was a good boat, and the owners really spoke highly of Mr. Greene. They were from Maine and I think knew him. That boat kind of kick started the “big tourist multihull” movement in Key West.

RIP
massnspace is offline   Reply With Quote