Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-06-2017, 17:04   #31

Re: Well I did it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kita View Post
Thank you! Didn't get a prout, bought a Gemini 105mc 2005...the prout boats I looked at I didn't like because of the small hatches & the flooring had alot of up & down stuff & was just tight inside,although everything I read about them would seem to make it a better offshore boat in my research. ..I bought the Gemini because I will primarily be costal but if careful I will still be able to get where I want to as these boats are all over...if I was going to really be offshore alot I would probably have bought a mono hull... but my plans are to do alot of inshore fishing as I move along the coast using the Gem as home base.....
--------------------------------------------------
Sorry, I'm old and get it wrong sometimes.....so,
Congratulations on the Gelmini; I've heard a lot of good things about them.
Enjoy the fishing....it's good down there along the Gulf Coast...my kids used to catch lots of sheep head....good eating....
Old 24-06-2017, 17:15   #32

Ah it is only the beginning. ..well my first boo boo,I noticed that the speed sensor hole was weeping a bit so I replaced it with the plug then went to use the shop vac to clean up the bilge some & noticed there was no 110 power,I remember when on sea trial the surveyor had said the battery charger switch was acting like a main so while it was still on shore power I switched the battery charger on & ZAP! now I got nothing on the 110 side,bummer,I got a sneaky suspicion I smoked the inverter....ugh! Well I had guy coming on Monday anyway so ...just another thing on the list...unless of course I can figure out if there is & where there is a breaker! The sound was more of a click like a breaker but it could have been the inverter pop....
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 18:58   #33

Somebody told me once the secret thing that makes those electric black works is Smoke ,just dont let it out of the box.
Mbe you will be lucky breakers and fuses could be in the circuit for these occasions.
Get yourself a Voltmetre and practice using it.
Electrics are magic when working I prefer plumbing you can usually see the leak.
Lance Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 19:24   #34

So with every set back keep the bigger picture in mind as you are now entering a lifestyle to take you places .hope my photo of yesterday morning comes thru
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170624_054346.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	332.6 KB
ID:	150589  
Lance Reynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2017, 18:46   #35

Well as it turns out I just tried a GFI, so my first boo boo wasn't so bad! Definitely a cheep fix! Not exactly sure what I did but all is well...was the best I could have hoped for. .
Kita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2017, 07:53   #36
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Too many and they’re all for sale

I've got a friend in FL that will crew on under 24hr notice.

Pm me if you want his contact info (he's not free, but it would be nice to have someone more knowledgeable of the area)

Feel free to ask me about actual full service brokerage for only 7% with Knot 10 Yacht Sales - find me on our crew page, Spencer Kent
FutureStories is offline   Reply With Quote