Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2021, 16:42   #16

Boat: 37 ft Aluminium Cutter - Roberts design
Re: Acceptable Length of fuel hose

Thanks all for the great info. Glad to have confirmation that my proposed hose runs should be ok. Just replying here to the 2 questions…

BillKny: “I am curious, in the original arrangement, how could you be sure the return fuel was going to the same tank you were drawing from?” At the moment I can’t as the return from the engine t-connects with a line to each tank -no valve. The 2 tanks are also linked by a hose at the bottom which I assume is there to equalise levels. But as I found when cutting out one of the tanks which was leaking, that hose was blocked with the gunk that covered over ½” of the tank floor. (I’m getting rid of this equalisation line).

Bycrick: “IIRC, the various standards require that fuel shutoff valves NOT be located in the engine space, but rather close to the tanks and outside of a space where a fire might most probably occur. Does your "close to the Racor filter" meet that?” Yes it does.

Thanks again.
Wideocean7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel