Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2024, 14:47   #1

Beta Marine 25 Heat Excanger Cleaning

I just pulled the tubestack out of my Beta 25 and noticed a slight buildup (very minimal) on it as well as in the cylinder that houses the stack. I don't have time to adress it properly so I just soaked the stack in Salt Away and gave it a good scrub. It's not back to 100% however so I'm wondering how I can remove all the crud when I get back. Do I basically have to run diluted muriatic acid through the entire cooling and raw water sides followed by a baking soda and water solution to neutralize the acid? I want to do this right as I never want to have to buy another engine again.
SomeGuyInaShirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 16:39   #2

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG
Re: Beta Marine 25 Heat Excanger Cleaning

The easy way is take the tubestack to a radiator shop. Otherwise soak it in a solution like Barnacle Buster or Rydlyme.
Lepke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2024, 17:59   #3

Boat: Tartan 37 #288
Re: Beta Marine 25 Heat Excanger Cleaning

I clean our Beta 38 heat exchanger yearly (400-600hrs). I just submerge the end caps and tube stack in a Barnicle buster or similar. Haven't noticed buildup elsewhere.

I would not run muriatic (hydrochloric) acid through the cooling system. It's incompatible with many of the rubber and stainless parts.

https://www.graco.com/content/dam/gr...pGuideEN-B.pdf
abroadreachtrvl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beta marine, cleaning, marine