Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2023, 08:29   #16

Boat: Currently boatless
Re: Bukh DV10 parts? Underpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLeffe View Post
Bukh engines power 25% of all commercial lifeboats on the planet. Once you sort it out they just run. I have a 16,000 pound Swan with a DV20. There is no issuer with power or performance. I’ve had my DV for 18 years. Get yours running and try it. I believe you will be very happy.
As for parts, go to LSM Diesel in Denmark. Talk to Eric the owner. He speaks perfect English and knows each and every part of every Bukh engine. They have a website although I usually call and talk to him directly. I don’t find the cost of parts excessive at all. LSM ships DHL so you have any part in two days.
LSM is the factory parts distributor and has been for around 55 years.
I tried buying parts in the USA and Canada. That didn’t work out for me at all. No inventory and higher prices than direct from Denmark.
I have no affiliation with LSM but when I needed parts (because of a lack of maintenance by the PO of my boat) LSM solved my needs with ease.
Good Luck.
Peter

I second LSM Diesel for Bukh parts. I used to have a DV20 and found them a very reliable source. The prices were not outrageous, even factoring in shipping from Denmark.

Keep in mind most Bukh engines are raw water cooled. They have no glow plugs and may be slow to start in cold weather.
Old 25-05-2023, 12:54   #17

Re: Bukh DV10 parts? Underpowered?

Lots of people say the the DV10 are underpowered, I do not think so.
it comes down to a worn engine.mine is being totally rebuilt after 45 years as it started to get sluggish but still did the job.
There is no way a yacht manufacturer would put an underpowered engine in their vessel and then go on to sell over 400 of them ( compass 29)
Such a great simple engine.
Llamed0s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bukh, parts