Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 17:04   #1

Boat: Sabre 27
Can anyone help confirm whether my starter is bad?

I've managed to get the starter out, and took it apart. To my untrained eye everything appears okay. At least not too worn or damaged. But—I don't think the pinion gear is supposed to be able to rotate in both directions, which leads me to believe that maybe the overrunning clutch is damaged… Can someone who knows what they're talking about confirm? This is the first time I've even touched a starter, so I'm totally green.

Here are the videos:

bernk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 18:35   #2

Boat: Cal 29 mk2
Re: Can anyone help confirm whether my starter is bad?

Find a rebuild shop ,be sure and tell them it's for a boat . Depending on where your boat is mowed, you might simply start asking your neighbors where a good rebuild shop is starters are not that easy to rebuild on your own unless you have a lathe and the proper equipment to check everything I want cheaper and more reliable to go decent rebuild shop my congratulations on you taking it out that's fun
capn ken is online now   Reply With Quote