Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2019, 19:36   #61
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Re: Chinese engines - Houfeng HF Power

Empires rise and empires fall. It’s amazing the screaming and howling that comes with the fall
Old 22-11-2019, 19:37   #62

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

China 3rd world?
Again proving that you have no idea.
Old 22-11-2019, 19:40   #63

Boat: A185F, Mystic 30’ Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi 60 View Post
China 3rd world?
Yeah I'll stick to that when you look at the entire population and percentages

Just a pig in lipstick.
Old 22-11-2019, 19:42   #64

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
China 3rd world?
I believe that you put it rather succinctly previously, the gift that keeps on giving.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 22-11-2019, 19:50   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
I believe that you put it rather succinctly previously, the gift that keeps on giving.
When the median income is like $2600 bucks a YEAR, and Olympic athletes wore MASKS to run because of the pollution, yeah that's pretty third world

Where as Mexico the median is higher and there is even less pollution, but I'd wager you consider Mexico third world?

I'll ask yet again, why do you feel the need to defend china?
Old 22-11-2019, 19:52   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernMac View Post
Comparing a third world despot place like china to a free world country is bat **** crazy.
Oversimplifying a complex relationship, and being dead-wrong about parts of it (...3rd world?) is not terribly sane either.

Have you met any Chinese? Talked to them? Do you know what the average Chinese person's life is currently like?

You're not wrong for being troubled by the many sins of the Chinese leadership, and for wanting to not support that; we all can (and maybe should) try to be more ethically-minded in our purchases and investments. It's just that when it comes to boycotting China, you can no more avoid Chinese-made stuff than you can avoid anything to do with fossil fuel... it's just not possible. Ask yourself why just about everything is made there, and you'll be a bit closer to who is really to blame.
Old 22-11-2019, 20:00   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
Oversimplifying a complex relationship, and being dead-wrong about parts of it (...3rd world?) is not terribly sane either.

Have you met any Chinese? Talked to them? Do you know what the average Chinese person's life is currently like?

You're not wrong for being troubled by the many sins of the Chinese leadership, and for wanting to not support that; we all can (and maybe should) try to be more ethically-minded in our purchases and investments. It's just that when it comes to boycotting China, you can no more avoid Chinese-made stuff than you can avoid anything to do with fossil fuel... it's just not possible. Ask yourself why just about everything is made there, and you'll be a bit closer to who is really to blame.
Just because you and your friends say your house isn't on fire doesn't mean your house isn't on fire, china looks, smells and acts like a third world country.

It's also hard to avoid eating any junk food, it's hard to work out every day, but it's a really good thing to try your best to do, as is avoiding chinese junk, especially when it comes to critical products like engines or a climbing harness or something.

I've known more than a few chinese people, they all have less than zero desire to move back and love things over here, between how clean it is, the health care, the freedom and opportunity, etc. I know Mexicans who will spend long spans of time back in Mexico, same with folks from Europe or Japan, china not so much.
Old 22-11-2019, 20:03   #68

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'

Quote:
When the median income is like $2600 bucks a YEAR, and Olympic athletes wore MASKS to run because of the pollution, yeah that's pretty third world

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, this thread is about chinese manufactured engines, not about the politics of china. Your position appears to be that everything made in china is crap and therefore dangerous, that the people of china are downtrodden slaves forced to work extended hours in factories. This is simply not the case, the standard of living is rapidly increasing as is the quality of the products from china. Yes you can get crap from there, just as you can from the USA and every other manufacturing country, as with any country you need to source your products from a manufacturer that embraces a Q A system, not one that produces to a price point.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Old 22-11-2019, 20:06   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Perhaps you hadn't noticed, this thread is about chinese manufactured engines, not about the politics of china. Your position appears to be that everything made in china is crap and therefore dangerous, that the people of china are downtrodden slaves forced to work extended hours in factories. This is simply not the case, the standard of living is rapidly increasing as is the quality of the products from china. Yes you can get crap from there, just as you can from the USA and every other manufacturing country, as with any country you need to source your products from a manufacturer that embraces a Q A system, not one that produces to a price point.
You don't think that all blends into the same thing?

Because it does.

People living horrible lives don't often produce excellent products.

Historically communist built stuff sucks, sorry if that hurts the feelings, but it doesn't make it any less true.
Old 22-11-2019, 20:10   #70

Quote:
I personally think working towards eliminating chinese made products from your life is like eliminating trans fats and corn starch/sugar from your life, might be hard but you'll be better for doing it

I tell you what - list out for us all the companies in your retirement investments - stocks, ETFs, funds etc. We'll help you identify and eliminate all the ones whose profits come in some part from trade with China.
Old 22-11-2019, 20:20   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake-Effect View Post
I tell you what - list out for us all the companies in your retirement investments - stocks, ETFs, funds etc. We'll help you identify and eliminate all the ones whose profits come in some part from trade with China.
This is like saying there is no difference between dumping used motor oil in a creek every oil change and buying locally grown asparagus, but it's put in a plastic bag.

I'm sure I'll always have some chinese junk in my life, but just like junk food I try to keep it to a minimum, I also will NOT be installing a chinese engine into my blue water boat.
Old 22-11-2019, 20:58   #72

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler

Quote:
?

Why do you display such ignorance, hatred and fear towards them?
Old 23-11-2019, 05:03   #73

Quote:
Why do you display such ignorance, hatred and fear towards them?
Ignorance? Please tell me what I posted that wasn’t true? I’ll happily back up anything if you want to talk facts.

Fear? Not really, that’s not much of a emotion I really feel anymore, disappointed in them perhaps.

Hatred, well it’s a very strong word, but I do hate large governments who oppress their citizens, who give zero care for the environment yet somehow get into a quasi leadership role in a climate change accord..well actually that was more amusing than anything. Finally as a student of history, communism / large government are really a cancer in society and should be viewed, discussed and treated as such
Old 23-11-2019, 06:09   #74
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Either all political commentary stops now, or yes the thread dies.
Consider this a warning of sanctions against members may be coming as well.
No politics, No religion, be nice
Old 23-11-2019, 06:21   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Closed
Closed Thread

Tags
engine