Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2023, 10:22   #1
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 423
Combine Volvo dripless water feed with raw water intake?

I am getting ready to replace two through-hull seacocks - 1) the Volvo dripless seal and 2) the raw water intake for my Yanmar 4JH4E. The two are currently just opposite the keel from each other. I've seen some boats that have a single seawater intake that goes to a manifold to distribute seawater elsewhere on the boat and so requiring only that single through-hull. It isn't so practical for me to go that far but I was wondering if there are any reasons not to at least combine these two. In this case they would both come off of the existing 1-1/4" through-hull.

Thanks,
Harry
hlev00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
raw water, volvo, water