Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 18:06   #16

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Maybe your water injection elbow is plugged up?
DeepFrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 20:35   #17

Boat: Islander Freeport 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Maybe your water injection elbow is plugged up?
My raw water pump is a Jabsco 2620-1101 with a straight hose connection, but I'll check for an obstruction at the intake and outlet...could be a pin hole leak in the intake line that I haven't noticed too. I'll know better after I get the pump out by this weekend.
JiffyLube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 18:54   #18

I got to the boat today and removed the raw water pump for inspection, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I picked up a pump service kit and changed out everything in the pump, after I cleaned up the pump inside and out. Checked the pump belt, but looked good. Checked hoses for cracks and pin holes, but the hoses looked good. Raw water filter looked good, and my diver confirmed the raw water thru-hull was clean. Checked hose clamps through out the system, but nothing out of the ordinary. After all the work was done I cranked up the engine, and everything worked just fine...with no soot or rubber coming out. I'll be interested seeing how the pump works the next time I'm down at the boat to run the engine again.
Old 14-01-2011, 19:24   #19

Boat: Bristol 32
Be sure to lubricate it! Just some vasaline is better than nothing. It is possible to have the little paddles facing the wrong direction. Make sure the face the right way. Some people forget to open the seacock... All of this is obvious, I know, but something must have happened.

Sorrry, the most obvious thing is operator error.
Mainebristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 23:49   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainebristol View Post
Be sure to lubricate it! Just some vasaline is better than nothing. It is possible to have the little paddles facing the wrong direction. Make sure the face the right way. Some people forget to open the seacock... All of this is obvious, I know, but something must have happened.

Sorrry, the most obvious thing is operator error.
I know to lubricate everything inside the pump real good (a lesson learned), and with this pump/impeller blade direction doesn't matter because it works in either direction...but I did check that the blades were orientated correctly. Seacock was always open. Something happened alright, but it's a mystery to me what it was.

Tags
exhaust