Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2024, 07:49   #1

Boat: 2005 Leopard 43
Engine Repower Yards / Service Providers East Coast

Hello,

I am a new owner of a 2005 Leopard 43 catamaran. It has a 23 foot beam and displaces 19,000lbs. I offer that for lift capacity information.

I need to consider replacing the original Yanmar 3jh4e diesels sometime in the near future. I am hopeful that the community can recommend affordable yards and service providers along the eastern US seaboard that could help with this project and get me an estimate. It does not necessarily have to be turn key. I would be happy to use a qualified, unaffiliated mechanic at whatever yard would allow the work.

While I am inquiring about diesel propulsion in this post, I would like to hear from service provider that could help me consider electrification as well.

I can work with providers anywhere from Florida to Maine. I am in a unique situation where I will be sailing the length of east coast, twice, in the next 12 months. I could easily plan an extending stop into any location along the seaboard to have the work done.

Thank you to anyone you can recommend. I have enabled members being able to send me email if you would like to message me directly.

Rob Edgcombe
Breaking Free Sailing
S/V Bon Bida
Rob Edgcombe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
east coast, engine, power, repower, service