Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2016, 13:09   #16

Boat: Muir / ? / 14.4 m
Re: Fordson major Mac 2

Dear sailer 1924, thanks for that I'll start looking into it, I'll take some pictures, the engine mounts are a bit suspect, I will research , at the moment I'm still very keen, I only get every sat arvy and Sunday and every 4 weeks I get my week off to work on her, I live in darwin Aussie and it is extremely hot, some days I think I'm going no were but others I kick ass, steady quality work is my goal, thanks so much for your experience, ��
Awinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 17:23   #17

Boat: Muir / ? / 14.4 m

Sailer1924, yeh I have tried to not open to many ares at once and to keep my refit simple as I can, this is my first boat and refit and I just have to wait until I can put her on the water, I'm doing every thing myself so far for 2 reasons , labour costs and labour costs so it's semi slow progress, until I have the engine running I do not no how she sounds rattles or what ever else the old girl will do, but I will sit there and listen and take your words and look for how to quietness and distribute the sounds, thanks for your input my mate
Awinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:25   #18

I wouldn't worry about flooding the engine, we run up and down the east coast in huge trailing seas and didn't flood it once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awinya View Post
Hello sailer 1924, it sounds exactly the same as my set up on the exhaust pipe work, I will rennet how to check the compression relief valve from now on, u got me thinking about sound proofing, at the moment there is nothing present in the engine room for this,, only a thick rubber bottomed carpet that sits on the floor, also I'm after a good insulation that is not a fire hazard at which I have now, the insulation that is press any in some sort of polyutherine and ignites very quickly when touched by flame, I have stripped it all out of the mezzanine ( not sure of spelling or technical terms yet , dumb old boiler maker) I had to do this to carry out weld repairs of numerous thru hull s/s screws , and also rust effected fuel filler caps, 3 in total , my question is,were is a good place to look for sound proofing and insulation
Mickroy is offline   Reply With Quote