Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2022, 00:43   #1

Honda BF7.5 with Volvo Sail Drive

Hello.
My 4 stroke petrol honda engine starts fine but will only run with 30% revs. As soon as I drop the throttle down to < 75 degrees, the engine stalls.
I've replaced the spark plugs, carb, fuel pretty much everything I can think of.
I am a novice and had zero mechanical skills before this.
I have adjusted the throttle screw (the one with the spring) and now I think I need to adjust the air mixture.

I think the petrol filter is clean. Any other filters to check? How would I drain the fuel?

Thanks in advance. Any ideas please? It runs really nicely now at higher revs, I just now need it ticking over nicely.

Dominic
dominicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 18:02   #2

Re: Honda BF7.5 with Volvo Sail Drive

Normally the problem which you describe is the result of a plugged idle jet or plugged air passage for the idle jet. Inasmuch as you say you have changed the carb, you might think you have resolved this issue, but perhaps not.

If it were me I would disassemble the carb and clean and blow out the idle jet and the air bleed passages for the idle jet.
DougR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
honda, sail, volvo