Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2021, 14:35   #1

How/ what do I need to cap this??

Hey All

I am starting a galley refit, I removed my Wallas diesel Stove top. The original installer decided to no put a shut Off valve on the fuel line so I need to cap it.

I have no idea how to do so. I can someone tell me how I would deal with this. I have attached a picture of the fuel line in question. On another fun note I realized the fuel line was run over my electrical system mainly across the top of my lithium ion batteries. For future reference is this a big deal? In my uneducated opinion an electrical fire could only be made worse by of diesel fuel fire. You’ll note the line is made of pex…

Thanks for your help in advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0488A688-48D1-44EC-BBD1-A644AF6E7035.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	249587  
Makr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 14:53   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler
Re: How/ what do I need to cap this??

That bottom hex fitting is an adaptor for a pipe thread; it looks like about a 3/8". Remove everything above it and then head to the plumbing fittings at your local hardware or building supply. Find the plug with the same size pipe thread. Plug it.

Right, it's not a good idea to run electrical and diesel fuel (not to mention gasoline!) lines together. It's particularly not a good idea when you are talking about that whimpy plastic (!) hose. But, if you have plugged it, the line is dead and you can go sailing.

Best wishes on your refit. Me thinks your next question will involve propane hoses.
Old 09-12-2021, 22:27   #3

Re: How/ what do I need to cap this??

Thanks for the help. I have a temp plug until the weekend.

The line is gone, I’m happy to say there is no Propane on the boat, with the exception of the Alaska Heater and the engine the boat is 100% electric.
Makr0 is offline   Reply With Quote