Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 08:44   #91

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida
Re: I Tried to do a Search on Algae-X, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha_float View Post
I can mail out a sample to you from our Delaware location. All you need is a jar of contaminated fuel if you want to fast track the start.
A sample of what? I asked for the analytical procedures and QA program.

THAT is what I want to see and that is what you offered to present.
Quote:
Your commitment is to post the results in an unbiased manner on this forum. Email me privately.
Time to walk the talk. I sent you a PM with my direct email.

I will happily provide (objective) comments in response and can replicate the chemistry in-house.

PLEASe announce here when you have sent the material
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 13:28   #92

still nothing??????????????
Old 07-01-2013, 13:33   #93
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Robert Mauritius 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
"Algae-X is a biocide..."[Aloha]ciAlgae-X is a biodOriginally Posted by Aloha_float

No no no. Dockhead, you're both right and wrong. The problem is when someone says "Algae-X" without saying what algae-x product they are talking about. The company's pride and joy were a half dozen magnetic magic boxes that they apparently no longer sell or support and apparently wish the world would forget about.
Your posts are very comical, where do you get your info?? they (the magnetic devices) are alive and well, manufacturing like never before and selling like hot-cakes.
SunSail just purchased one for every vessel in their fleet... I think that you need to check your sources.

I am still waiting to hear of someone with actual experience. If they have device installed and it did nothing etc... The guy who's wife purchased it for him, ridiculous... knocking the product with it sitting on his book-shelf... install it and try it.. then comment.
sv_steadfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 17:50   #94

There is ample reason to be cynical. It appears the response to my requests for some real data on which they base their claims is that my email address won't work. It most certainly does as well as a second email address I provided him and still nothing!

Such dubious behavior lends some evidence to the dubious claims they make. One might justifiably doubt their credibility as well but I don't think that was ever uncertain.
Old 07-01-2013, 18:00   #95
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Oh, Illusion, you're just stuck in the era of tin cans and string, when all phones were black, had a dial in front and often said "Western Electric" in back.

I just had an email today from the world's most prominent name in microprocessors, telling me that they could not contact me by any means. Sent from a "do not respond" email account, to my primary email account, where they say they couldn't contact me.

From my perspective, if Algae-X can't reach you, that puts that on a dead-even par with the world's most prominent manufacturer of microprocessors. HONEST.

And these folks swear that they've been correcting my contact records for nearly two years now, so it could take the Algoids an equal length of time with you.

You gotta love this 21st-century business. What's the short version? "Spock, if you wanted logic, you've come to the wrong planet." Or the less PC version:
7of9 blasts a stowaway alien entity that doesn't respond to her instructions to halt.
Picard: "I thought I told you to try diplomacy first?!"
7of9: "I tried. It didn't work."
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 18:34   #96

Quote:

From my perspective, if Algae-X can't reach you, that puts that on a dead-even par with the world's most prominent manufacturer of microprocessors. HONEST.

"
Or more likely their ability to provide objective data on which they base their efficacy tests is equivalent to their email 'skills'
Old 07-01-2013, 18:43   #97
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Fuel Right: Tech Corner: Results

Or like real tests, documented and run at Brookhaven, going all the way back to 1996. By a whole lot of companies.

Found by a quick search on BNL and fuel additives.
Old 07-01-2013, 18:59   #98
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Tartan 33, 33'6"
Send a message via Skype™ to Aloha_float
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor

Or like real tests, documented and run at Brookhaven, going all the way back to 1996. By a whole lot of companies.

I am surprised to see this here. I made 4 attempts to send information on the procedure and some attached articles. They were all kicked back to me. Set up a gmail account and I will try again. I am open to send the information to anyone who requests it.

Tim
Aloha_float is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 19:03   #99

Quote:

The data and testing I was promised is for the Algae-X magnetic gadget, not biocides. Your link contains biocides data unrelated to this discussion. Note data presented at a Broohaven conference is not Brookhaven data.

Regardless, if there was any credible data, why hide it?
Old 07-01-2013, 19:05   #100

Quote:
I am surprised to see this here. I made 4 attempts to send information on the procedure and some attached articles. They were all kicked back to me. Set up a gmail account and I will try again. I am open to send the information to anyone who requests it.

Tim
So where is the info you were supposed to send to either of two email addresses I gave you?
Old 07-01-2013, 19:09   #101
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion

The data and testing I was promised is for the Algae-X magnetic gadget, not biocides. Your link contains biocides data unrelated to this discussion. Note data presented at a Broohaven conference is not Brookhaven data.

Regardless, if there was any credible data, why hide it?
Not once do I mention testing on Algae X magnetic systems. We are testing their biocide. I made it clear in an earlier post that I had nothing to support magnetic devices. Our expertise relates to biological contamination in #2 distillates.
Old 07-01-2013, 19:11   #102
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion

So where is the info you were supposed to send to either of two email addresses I gave you?
I made 4 attempts. Not sure what else to do.
Old 07-01-2013, 19:30   #103

Quote:
I made 4 attempts. Not sure what else to do.
Maybe some testing is in order...
Old 07-01-2013, 20:05   #104
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

'I made 4 attempts. Not sure what else to do. "
First you send a short email return receipt, so you know the addresses are correct, the spam filters are not blocking, and the route works.

Then you find out the size of the attachments you plan to send, and compare that to the size allowed by the ISPs. Yours and his. Some are very low and folks often send ridiculously huge image files, at which point the email is black-holed.

Mial works? Sizes are under the limits? Then he'll get them.

Or you set up a public dropbox, or a web page, and post the information there, so others can grab it.

Of course that same type of logical examination of a process is what showed the "milspec" claims to be smoke and mirrors.
Old 07-01-2013, 20:10   #105
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor
'I made 4 attempts. Not sure what else to do. "
First you send a short email return receipt, so you know the addresses are correct, the spam filters are not blocking, and the route works.

Then you find out the size of the attachments you plan to send, and compare that to the size allowed by the ISPs. Yours and his. Some are very low and folks often send ridiculously huge image files, at which point the email is black-holed.

Mial works? Sizes are under the limits? Then he'll get them.

Or you set up a public dropbox, or a web page, and post the information there, so others can grab it.

Of course that same type of logical examination of a process is what showed the "milspec" claims to be smoke and mirrors.
I sent a couple of emails to the two addresses that he offered without attachments and it was still kicked back.

Tags
arc