Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-04-2011, 10:50   #1

Question Irwin Mechanic: Recommendations for Eureka, California

Hello all,

Finally brought my 1973 45' CC Irwin up to Eureka from down south over the weekend but discovered, the next morning, that my transmission decided to act up. I have an old Perkins 4-108 with a Hurth transmission. Not being really mechanically minded (I'm learning but the curve hasn't been too steep yet), I let my sailing buddy try to figure it out (checked linkages etc) to no avail. She won't go into forward or reverse (but does neutral really well. Also, when the shaft was manually turned she would engage forward but reverse was out of the question. As I live up northern way, I had to leave her in Eureka for now. Was hoping to get some recommendations for a "reasonably" priced, capable mechanic to call in or around Eureka and see regarding the problem (also might get some electrical work done at the same time. Thanks!
shieek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, Irwin, mechanic