Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-02-2014, 07:14   #16

Boat: gulfstar ketch 41 Surya
Re: Making Fuel Injection Pipes?

I have a 4107 and wanted to replace my injector pipes last year. Called TAD and they said they were no longer available but to just go by some 1/4 copper tubing from Lowes. I did not do it, I was able to use the ones I had. I had a leak on the low pressure side feed to injector at the exit from the secondary fuel filter. I put on a new rubber gasket and that did the trick. I will say assembling fuel lines is tricky and the diagrams in the manual are confusing. Sometimes the rubber gasket is stuck inside the fitting and unless you look close may not know it.
S/V_Surya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 16:59   #17

Boat: Passport 41, Custom Perry in steel.
Re: Making Fuel Injection Pipes?

for sail, I would suggest you can do valve lash and in regard to your injector, I would think a inspection of each, in particular take them out carefully, we are looking for a trumpet that would indicate a few problems, but once you have established it is clean, wouldn't bother, if its got a trumpet, clean it off, the trumpet may grow again but unless you have blake smoke issue wouldn't worry.
Blue, there is no rubber gasket on HP side of Fuel pump, nor is there copper, please check your drawings for correct identification.
small diesels is not my forte, but the pressures are more modest more like art than science
Oceanride007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel