Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2019, 12:33   #1

Boat: Sabre 28
Might Mite 2hp outboard

Might be a long shot but anyone here work on a 1980s Might Mite 2hp outboard? I just found one cheap and grabbed it. It is running but is leaking fuel/oil somewhere from the crank case. I think between the head and block.

Anyone ever pulled one of these apart? I think some of the bolts holding to the head to crankcase are hidden inside the engine. It looks like 6 bolts to take the whole top off the leg to get at the bolts but does anyone have experience with that?Very little info on this version online. Figured if I opened it up I could make some new gaskets for it to see if it will seal up.

If I can stop the leaking this would make a nice little dinghy engine. Single cylinder, 2 stroke (35:1), water cooled (I think with a centrifugal pump like a British Seagull so it won't wear out), with a clutch, rotates 360 degrees for neutral and the whole thing weighs 23 pounds.

Thanks,

Shawn
Shawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
outboard