Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2023, 20:22   #1

Boat: TES 246 Versus
Send a message via Skype™ to Tedd
Need Help Diagnosing Suzuki DF9.9B

I'm getting a flashing caution light and (sometimes) reduced engine power on my 2018 Suzuki DF9.9B. Perhaps someone can provide some insight.

I connected it to the Suzuki Diagnostic System and the only obvious issue I found was 255 instances of CKP sensor failure and 255 instances of CMP sensor failure. It seems unlikely to me that both would happen simultaneously so I suspect some other thing is causing the system to think there are sensor failures.

There's a diagram in the factory service manual that shows those two sensors having a common ground (see below), which could be a factor. It also shows the lines from both connectors meeting at some component (see the red circle in the diagram) but I don't know what that symbol means. Does that just mean that they go into the same wiring harness? That's the only obvious link between the two sensors that I can see from looking at the engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	280534
Tedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:23   #2

Boat: 2000 Catalina 470 #058
Re: Need Help Diagnosing Suzuki DF9.9B

Likely posible corrosion in the connections. Can you get to those, disassemble and clean?
Old 05-09-2023, 09:30   #3

Boat: TES 246 Versus
Send a message via Skype™ to Tedd
Re: Need Help Diagnosing Suzuki DF9.9B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
Likely posible corrosion in the connections. Can you get to those, disassemble and clean?
Thanks, yes, they're pretty accessible and that's a good idea. I'll do that today.

The engine is pretty low time (90 hours). It's a 2018 but it only went in the water for the first time last year, because of Covid. It sat for several years in an unheated garage near Ottawa, so corrosion could easily be a factor.
Tedd is offline   Reply With Quote