Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2022, 22:20   #1

Boat: Hans Christian 43T
Northern Lights Generator M643 5kw

I am having problems getting fuel to no2 & 3 injectors after having the system apart for filter changes & small repair to injection pump. (the engine is a Shubauru). I thought I had a fuel leak from a delivery valve on top of the pump. I removed all 3 delivery valves & replaced the 3 O rings that seat the valve to the housing. I noticed each port had a spring which appeared to sit on top of the valve sub assembly. I put the delivery valves back in & thought all was well. However, having put the rest of the system back together & attempted to bleed it I can only get diesel out of the first valve & to the 1st injector. There is no diesel coming out of no2 & 3 port. Might I have disturbed something inside the pump? or is there some other problem?
A complication might be that even though the O rings were well past their use by date the fuel return line was minutely fractured & that was actually where the leak was coming from. I cannot get a new line for some time & have effected a bodge repair so that I can run the engine up briefly & check other things. I have read that the diesel may be running back due to any leak & I guess the bodge may be a culprit but not obviously so....no diesel leaking there....This engine is always a menace to bleed after disrupting the system but I can usually get it going. Not so this time & the injection pump is my concern/question, as I have no real knowledge of these.
Tommee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, Northern Lights