Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-12-2021, 18:05   #1

Boat: Corbin 39 (CC Pilothouse Ketch)
Pathfinder 70 questions

As far as I can tell the P70 appears to be VW 2.4D 5 cyl diesel, which I am quite familiar with running (10+yrs) I am having trouble however finding parts # for the heat exchanger and mixing elbow and also possibly the impeller, but that looks like stock Johnson/Jacobs?
I seems Pathfinder is no longer exists/is selling parts (or hiding very well on the internet).
1. So, how hard is it to make my own if needs be? (space not much of a constraint in planned installation)
Does someone know of bolt on (almost) bits that can do the job?
Thanks.
Patrick of M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2021, 21:53   #2

Re: Pathfinder 70 questions

I have a Pathfinder 50. The non-vw parts on it are
1. The heat exchanger for my engine is made by E.J. Bowman in the UK and I believe is still available from them. I suspect yours is also made by them. Email them and see what they say.
2. The water pump">raw water pump on my engine is a stock Johnson pump.
3. I have a custom fabricated exhaust riser and elbow so cant help you there.
4. The stock VW oil pan has been modified by adding an additional sump and a drain plug.
5. The drive plate is a standard pattern. I was able to find a replacement by searching the diameter and bolt pattern. Cant remember who makes them.
6. There is a custom fabricated cap that seals off the hole where the vacuum pump fits on the auto version. Unlikely to need replacing.
Hopefully that helps. If you can find the Pathfinder manual for the engine there should be a table that lists all the parts. I have one on the boat but and it lists parts for a number of engine sizes and configurations, but cant remember if it includes yours. Will have a look next week when im at the boat.
osprey877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2021, 09:10   #3

Boat: Corbin 39 (CC Pilothouse Ketch)
Re: Pathfinder 70 questions

Excellent information...I may need to get back to you on the custom exhaust riser and elbow (if you have a picture that would be great).
Cheers.
Patrick of M is offline   Reply With Quote