Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:33   #1

Perkins 4.108 Injector pump

Finally figured out my starting issues with my Perkins 4.108. I wasn’t getting return fuel and couldn’t start it after bleeding for ages. Finally narrowed it down to my injector pump. I bought new injectors and that still didn’t change anything. But when I was reinstalling the old ones I decided to leave them off and crank. I was getting only a slow dribble of fuel from the pump. So I figure it’s the filter inside the pump that is clogged. Where is the filter located? I’d like to clean it out and see if that improves things before I send it off to be serviced.
SailnParadise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:31   #2

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Re: Perkins 4.108 Injector pump

The procedure for bleeding a 4108 which has run completely dry is to bleed up to the injector pump, then crack the injector lines at the injectors and crank the engine at full throttle until you see fuel spurting. Then you tighten up the injector nuts and she should light off.

There is no fuel filter in the injector pump. That is why you have two filters in series upstream.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:04   #3

There is a filter inside of the pump. It’s right before the high pressure pump in the diagram. And I know the procedure for bleeding. Done it a millions times. Just looking for help with identifying the proper procedure for removing it. if someone could answer that question and ONLY that question.
SailnParadise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:12   #4

Boat: Wheeler Shipyard 83' ex USCG

There should be a screen filter where the fuel intake connects.

Disconnect the fuel line, remove the fitting it connects to. Screen filter should be there.
Lepke is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
injector pump, perkins, pump