Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2016, 21:25   #31

Boat: 1978 Pearson 424 Ketch
Re: PERKINS 4108 CRUISING ALONG THE RIVER AND JUST STOPPED PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

Nope the hole goes all the way down. I thought there would be a ball and spring like on some yanmars but no and it runs fine. I'm thinking it might be for relief, as the lift pump, pumps more than is used to run the engine. less strain on the lift pump diaphragm....maybe?
tinkrman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 19:37   #32

Re: PERKINS 4108 CRUISING ALONG THE RIVER AND JUST STOPPED PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP

Jason, using the the bolt on the return bango fitting to bleed the secondary/fine filter isn't unfiltered, if you are using the lift pump or other pumping device in line on that side of the filter, to supply the filter. that fuel will go through the inlet side of the filter and back up through the outlet passages of the filter.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:29   #33

Boat: Formosa 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkrman69 View Post
Jason, using the the bolt on the return bango fitting to bleed the secondary/fine filter isn't unfiltered, if you are using the lift pump or other pumping device in line on that side of the filter, to supply the filter. that fuel will go through the inlet side of the filter and back up through the outlet passages of the filter.

I misunderstood. I thought you were filling the fine filter through the bleed screw hole to avoid a lot of hand pumping with the lift pump.

Sorry about that.
Jason Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:19   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Flare View Post
I misunderstood. I thought you were filling the fine filter through the bleed screw hole to avoid a lot of hand pumping with the lift pump.

Sorry about that.
nope, but the primer bulb is about three times faster. might get an electric pump one day ;-)

Tags
cruising, lease, perkins