Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 06:37   #1

Boat: Pearson 10M
Raw water pump assembly

Good Day all
Really need some help getting my pump back together. I have a Yanmar, 3GM30F with a JohnsonF4B-903 AKA, 10-24509-01. It was in dire need of a rebuild. So I ordered the major service kit from Depco, bought a cheap arbor press from Harbor Freight and proceeded. Taking everything apart I found the inner bearing to have fallen apart. The outer bearing was intact, but stiff. So now I clean things up and try to reassemble. I made a template to put the outer bearing back in the same spot,but its clear anyway as there is a notch for circlip. The problem is that I cannot push the shaft in far enough for the bearing to be flush with the top of the housing. It hits a firm stop. Is there something in the pump housing that needs to come out? I cannot tell if there is sleeve or the bearing race still in there. If it is helpful, the spacer and the inner bearing just drop into place, not sloppy but not that tight. No pressure needed to seat them. Seems like it should be tighter. Further the spacer I recall was visible from the weep holes, now I cannot see it. Take a look, any help is appreciated!

The first photo shows how far I can press the shaft in, the bearing should be flush, yes?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bearing .jpg
Views:	61
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	175002   Click image for larger version

Name:	housing 1 .jpg
Views:	58
Size:	408.2 KB
ID:	175003  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Housing 2 .jpg