Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2019, 20:35   #1

Boat: Islander 30
Replacing control arm & cables... please help

I've got an old morse control arm and throttle cable that's gone bad, so I've got to replace the whole thing. I have an Islander 30 with an Atomic 4. I've been doing some research but am about to drive myself crazy trying to figure out what will work . I'm looking at the CH2100 Single Dual Function Lever Engine Control which uses the 3300/33 control cables. The throttle cable that went bad is a Morse D37912-4 -- which seems like a much thicker cable. After looking around, I found the 3300 Clevis Fittings for the 3300/33 cables that look like the current fittings, but I don't know if it's the correct size to fit the lever.

Q: Would the CH2100 control arm with those cables & fittings work with my atomic 4?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is far outside my area of expertise.
brandtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 21:13   #2

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III
Replacing control arm & cables... please help

I have a spare Morse transmission cable. A7300 07 ft 2201 if that’s what you need. It’s 7ft long. Brand new but too long for me
I bought it for my atomic 4 but got a 6 ft cable that was a better fit on my c&c 27. Ping me if it will work for you
It’s the transmission cable not the throttle cable
Old 31-01-2019, 22:06   #3

Boat: Formosa 30 ketch
Re: Replacing control arm & cables... please help

Check with these guys Control Cables | Industrial Motion Controls | Street Rod Parts & Accessories, (I think Victor still owns it), They can make almost any cable you might need, and they're just down the road from you in Santa Fe Springs.
Bill Seal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cables, lease