Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2022, 18:34   #106

Boat: Catalina 22 Sport
Re: Suzuki DF 9.9 runs then not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boatyarddog View Post
I'll chime in, just to distract me from the BS Political joke Thread.

If you've been thru the mill with gasoline engine woes, you'll get an "Ear" for troubleshooting their particular issues.

A flooded engine sounds much different than a lean or "needs"fuel engine during cranking, and even while running, ( popping, backfiring are examples)

The problem to me here is the lack of service to someone that just laid 2K down for a solution to their past outboard.
This piece of BS in particular gets to me...

Quote:
Called dealer back, asks me to bring it in. Stated that it worked fine before I came in to pick it up (using which tank and fuel line I do not know). I politely responded that I thought it was their responsibility to go to the boat (it is about a 20 minute drive from the dealer and a 50 minute drive from where I live) and get it working.

Really bad service ediquette already???
The fact it ran first start, is probably the fact it had fuel in the carb Bowl? and there is a problem getting fuel to the carb, from the new tank, hose set up.
Not every OB manufacturing company uses the same fuel delivery set up.
Mostly they are very specific.
So, a mismatch can happen easily.
This problem is NOT the Customers fault, but is a Dealership issue of service.
IMHO?
Boatyarddog
Talked with the service department today. They think they can send a guy to fix it at the boat, without me having to be there. So, in the end, looks like they did the right thing (after they gamely tried not to). Will let you know if it works!
lestersails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 07:42   #107

Boat: 1979 Mariner Ketch 32-Hull 202
Re: Suzuki DF 9.9 runs then not

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestersails View Post
Talked with the service department today. They think they can send a guy to fix it at the boat, without me having to be there. So, in the end, looks like they did the right thing (after they gamely tried not to). Will let you know if it works!
Was that the same dealer that tried to fix your Suzuki?
BYD
Boatyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote