Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-10-2015, 08:15   #61

Re: The saga of my beneteau 49

Please contact me regarding your Beneteau. I sold a 49 Beneteau (same year) to a buyer in Orange County CA and there's been no reports of such an issue. In the 17 years as a yacht broker in SoCal, it's only been the Westerbeke engines in Catalina Yachts that have had documented history of exhaust back pressure and Mercruiser Gas engine (not applicable) with valve overlap that will siphon water into the head on idle. My preliminary research doesn't indicate that you are experiencing a systemic design issue...so, I have to wonder why you have been so poorly supported by the Builder and the the multiple replacement service contractors?

I have a SoCal client/friend that is a US Citizen (32 years), Phd. Pychologist and Sailor from Chile. We have been discussing the possibility of a trip to Chile this winter and took note of your vessel as a possible starting point to the trip. He was not planning an immmeditae purchase but perhaps if the price is right...we would be willing to work on the issues and get you the cash for your Med adventure. I spent 3 weeks with a client on a 54 Oyster out of Garrucha Spain....He's another reference.

If you add (.com) to my unser name...you can check us out.

I saw that the lisiting is Open and the 1 contact I had with a listing broker was extremely poor...so I decided to try to reach you directly.

If nothing else, I think I can help you solve the issue...just need more information. Thank you. -Art
yachtshopping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2015, 08:30   #62

Re: The saga of my beneteau 49

It begs the question on how the boat came from the factory to begin with?
robert sailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau