Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2019, 12:13   #1

Boat: 2011 Lagoon 450F
Throttle Replacement

I think I need to replace the throttles on my Lagoon 450. They are badly pitted, and difficult to move, and they don't settle into position well, and get stuck in "grooves" and you need to use both hands to pull and jiggle it to get it to move. My plan was to take it apart and service it.. but they look so bad, that I'm going to replace them instead.

Can anyone suggest a dual engine throttle that is excellent quality? And also, what is all involved in replacing them? I'm generally a DIY person, and enjoy figuring things out... but, is this a project that is better done by a professional? or is it pretty straightforward, and difficult to screw up?

I'd really appreciate advice, and experience, problems, or pitfalls that you've run into.

Thanks in advance.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 14:41   #2

Boat: Seafarer36c
Re: Throttle Replacement

I had the same problem and was all set to buy a new quadrant. Mine just needed to be taken apart and cleaned. You could get the quadrant parts powder coated if you wanted to be custom. A new cable is easy to buy.
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, rot