Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-10-2023, 17:42   #1

Volvo Penta D3110 I-F to HS25-AEA Reverse Gear Wiring

Hi All

I have a problem with my D3 110 I-F wiring harness and I replaced it, I have changed it over no problem but now I'm placing the wiring to the HS 25 AEA Reverse Gear Box, there are two sets of two wires one marked A an the other B

So A has 1. light Green wire with a thick Blue line on it.
sec wire Green with a thick Black

Then B has wire 1 Brown with a thin black line
wire 2 Blue with a thin brown line

They both attach to the yellow solenoids on either side of the reverse drive unit on the back of the HS25-AEA Volvo Penta Gear Box

So any help would be good
ozdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 13:10   #2

Re: Volvo Penta D3110 I-F to HS25-AEA Reverse Gear Wiring

So I’ll take a wild guess and assume you want to find out which wire connector goes on which solenoid ...?

Here is what you do:
Put one connector on one solenoid and the other connector on the other solenoid....doesn’t matter which is where. Then, start the engine and put the shift control lever in forward gear position. If the propeller attempts to push the vessel forward, you guessed correctly and the job is done. If the propeller attempts to move the vessel rearward, move the shift lever to neutral, shut off the engine and swap the position of the two connectors. Now you’re done!
DougR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 20:13   #3

Hi DougR,

Thanks for that, I'm on the hard so can still do it with someone else watching the prop movement, Thanks for your help mate
Old 29-10-2023, 22:40   #4

Volvo Penta D3110 I-F to HS25-AEA Reverse Gear Wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdownunder View Post
Hi DougR,

Thanks for that, I'm on the hard so can still do it with someone else watching the prop movement, Thanks for your help mate

Maybe there are 2 sets of wires because there are 2 different models of solenoid that were used on your transmission, early production and late production. Just do a bit of work with a multimeter to see which is the live and which is the -ve. If all else fails, give ZF a call.
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 19:32   #5

Hi all, I worked the original out ok quite a while back. I have placed the boat and used it coming back to Fort Lauderdale.

To date the engine an gear box were working fine, but today I started engine and placed it into forward, nothing same for reverse.

Alarm came up but cant see the 2.5inch screen, it acknoledges when I hit the ok button twice.
On my investigation today I checked the reverse gear box wiring and replaced it with the other engines wiring I know it works. Then I replaced one of the soleniods from the other engine as well, started the Stb engine and it worked in forward, so I was happy, I then got the other port soleniod and fitted that to the stb engine, but when I started the stb eng it went into forward no problem but when placed in reverse it alarmed and just didnt work at all.

I reset the stb eng a few times but always the same it didnt work on the reverse gear selection, but it dose work on the port engine.

Anyone got any ideas of what it could be.
Thanks in advance Its a D3 110 I-F Volvo Penta 2012 year

Tags
gear, penta, volvo, wiring