Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2022, 15:50   #1

Volvo Penta MD2010B air intake

So my wifes side of family boat wanted to play a submarine and took a bath.

It has Volvo Penta MD2010 engine in it and it was completely underwater for like a day or so before we noticed it.

I took the exhaust curve off and it was dry so im quessing there was an airlock on the exhaust pipe and seawater didnt get to the engine. Atleast not from there.

Checked the oil dip stick and it didnt seem like there would be any water in the oil either.

The only thing im worried is that when i took off the air intake cover it had water in there.

So how do i remove the water and do i need to something else than just remove it?

Thanks!
Kaicer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Air intake, penta, volvo

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On