Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2012, 20:32   #16

Re: Westerbeke 30-B-Three question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Well that is interesting. Thanks.

I asked on the Gemini site too and Jim reads there a lot. He must have been off cruising while the thread sunk into the past.

I ended up taking off the hose below the alternator. That is no fun. Actually my friend did the final pull and grunt to get it off. I couldn't get it off. Careful - Putting it back wrong (looks OK) will let the pump pulley wear a hole in it.

And the drain plug seems high to me but....................

Anyway, now she has a new owner.

edit - why do you suppose this thread popped up in my profile page and not in the the usual email notifications?
Maybe because I'm not the first to reply to you in this thread? I got an email saying it would be the only one - I would have to log on to check for more replies.

Yes, once under the alternator was enough for me! Mine has a clamp to hold the hose against the front of the block, away from the pulleys and belts.

The plug beside the oil filter worked well for flushing my coolant three times. Getting it out was easy (14 mm, I think) but threading it back on was a bear - I taped it onto the end of a socket extension to start it. The plug shows up as item 18 on the cylinder block diagram (104) in the 30 B Parts list; and is called out as the "Fresh water block drain plug" on page 7 of the 1990 "Technical Manual".

Congratulations on your sale. I'm afraid to let this boat go, I might never get another one.
chicagocpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2012, 14:40   #17

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Re: Westerbeke 30-B-Three question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocpo View Post
Maybe because I'm not the first to reply to you in this thread? I got an email saying it would be the only one - I would have to log on to check for more replies.

Yes, once under the alternator was enough for me! Mine has a clamp to hold the hose against the front of the block, away from the pulleys and belts.

The plug beside the oil filter worked well for flushing my coolant three times. Getting it out was easy (14 mm, I think) but threading it back on was a bear - I taped it onto the end of a socket extension to start it. The plug shows up as item 18 on the cylinder block diagram (104) in the 30 B Parts list; and is called out as the "Fresh water block drain plug" on page 7 of the 1990 "Technical Manual".

Congratulations on your sale. I'm afraid to let this boat go, I might never get another one.

Great info.

Thanks.

I suggest you join the Yahoo group and create a new thread about this. There are a lot of folks that would appreciate it.

and...........I have that feeling too.

Tags
westerbeke