Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014, 03:09   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 37
Westerbeke 46 injector leak / gaskets

Hey everyone. I have had my injectors rebuilt and have now installed them. The motor seems to sound fine, or at least the same as it did before which I am happy about. I have what I think is a leak around one of the injectors. Small bubbles coming out where the injector screws into the head. Is this truly a leak? When I installed the injectors, I did not replace the copper washer that is in the bottom of the injector hole since the re-builder did not supply me with them and I did not know about them until now. Unfortunately I am in Ecuador and there is no way that I can get these exact parts from the states for a while. Are these super critical or cna any old copper washer that fits be used? I have not tried annealing them yet but I guess that is the next step. Doe anyone have any tips for actually getting these washer / heat shields out of the head? Also, my parts diagram does not even show these parts. It shows the gasket that fits over the nozzle (which I have), but not the copper ring that the nozzle tip seems to rest on. Am I seeing this wrong?

Thanks for any insight.

Grant

S/V Viandante
granche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2014, 12:33   #2

Boat: Island Packet 35
Re: Westerbeke 46 injector leak / gaskets

You may be able to find parts there for a Mitsubishi 4DQ5. I believe the part number scribbled in my notebook for Westerbeke is 34281 #48 on parts diagram. Annealing may work.
tdoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2014, 06:41   #3
rlg

Re: Westerbeke 46 injector leak / gaskets

Im no expert but...
I had a leak like the one youre describing on my w46. I loosened it up and re tightened it, viola, no more leaking.
rlg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gasket, westerbeke