Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2012, 10:52   #1

Boat: CSY 44 Walk Through
Westerbeke W60 Fresh Water Pumps

To all that have the Westerbeke W60 engine in their boat. The fresh water pump on this engine is in danger of going the way of the dino's. Westerbeke charges 800$ ea for their remaining stock, I'm not sure what the older(pre 200 series) Perkins 4-154 pumps cost. But my brand new one from British Thornycroft started weeping out the weep hole after 35 hours of run time. It has the 4 bolt pattern for the pulley. Now Thornycroft no longer has those. They have another pump that is exactly the same but has a 6 bolt pulley pattern. Downside here is what they have left in stock is it. There will be no more of these pumps left at all! TAD diesel say that they can rebuild them but that is the seals only not the pump impeller. So the moral of this story is if you have any doubts, now is the time to get them. Once they are gone, that is it. Shame to have to change an engine just because someone cannot get a circulating pump for their engine. If anyone has any questions PM me and I can give them my contact in the U.K. for parts. The pumps are 116 pounds which includes shipping. And if someone gets the 6 bolt pulley style pump, I can give them the address to a machinist to get a new 6 bolt pulley made. He charges less than half of what other machinists charge. He is making my new one for me.
Just thought someone might need the info.
Warren
IceMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, westerbeke