Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2020, 11:58   #1

Boat: Beneteau 36cc - Pura Vida
yanmar 3gm30f hose size

I'm currently sitting out weather in Norman's Cay headed toward George Town. With time I've been checking my spare parts and realized I don't have spares for the larger hoses on the yanmar. Measuring, they look to be about 30mm ID. They are the larger fresh water hoses. Yes, I've googled everything and found replacements, etc. But no specs. Does anyone know the exact diameter of the hose?

Thanks, Greg.
galynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 13:58   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cabo Rico 34
Re: yanmar 3gm30f hose size

Which hose(s)? The one from the water pump">raw water pump or the one from the thermostat?
AA3JY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 14:27   #3

Boat: Beneteau 36cc - Pura Vida

Thanks for replying.

Not the raw water pump hoses. The 3 larger hoses circulating the coolant through the heat exchanger and thermostat.
galynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 21:43   #4

Boat: 1980 Pearson 323 - 34ft LOA

Did anyone ever find the hose size/ID? I would also like to pick up spares for theses… the hoses from and to the thermostat and through the FRESH water/cooling pump.
theway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:56   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Fiberglas shattering 44' steel trawler

Theway, get yourself an ordinary vernier calipers, such as these:

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Mic...s%2C210&sr=8-3

Even if you don't learn to use the vernier, or get a digital model to avoid learning it, they are your tool for all things finely measured. Remember to check both the metric and the SAE scales when you measure something - that 30mm you measured may actually be 1 1/4 inch. The hoses you want are the same or slightly less in inside dimension than the outside dimension of the barb they go on. In the case of stiff reinforced hose, it's right on the same because there isn't really any stretching available. On the light vinyl stuff it is less, because you can heat it and stretch it over the barb. Get your measurements, and head for the auto parts store. Before long you'll be stocking pieces of your common hoses. Before long you'll be using the caliper to choose the right size drill bit for the body of a screw, too.

Good hunting.

Tags
3gm, 3gm30, size, yanmar