Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2016, 14:12   #1

A cable though-hull that works

Hi!

I know it's been posted before. But not exactly like this I hope.

I need to make two through-hulls.

1. From anchor-locker to forepeak. Two 35 mm2 cables must go through, for the windlass. How to avoid leak? I cannot put a goose-neck in the anchor locker. It must be somthing like this:
http://www.bluesea.com/products/category/Cable_Clams

First question, the ones for multiple cables, any good?

Second question. I am under the impression that 99% of the through-hulls are crap. So looking to make a short list, narrow down the choices. Willing to pay a bit.

2. From solar panels on foredeck to below. Goose-neck is good (best through-hull?), but there can be water splashing through. Also a Goose-neck in front of the mast will be something the genua will stick on.

What about bronze through-hulls?

Cheers
Bob666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2016, 14:26   #2

Re: A cable though-hull that works

You are looking for something water tight? I have used the cable clams before. They are ok. Nothing special and not the easiest things to use etc. No idea if they are actually watertight though. They may be close. Does your anchor locker fill up with water or something? Not sure how one works for multiple cables...? You might have to goo up a bunch of silicone sealant or something for that.
I have use a clamshell vent before, looping the wire below the clamshell so water doesnt run. I actually prefer this aft like on a coaming back etc. Why does one need a thru hull fitting? Wood boat?
Wow... 35 mm is a huge cable.... like 1.38" diameter... are you sure?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull